Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The unemployed life is the good life.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

I am a SAHM, and my dh just lost his job about 2 weeks ago. I swear, that right now it seems like it was the best thing that ever happened to us. He is going to start getting unemployment and we are able to cover all of our basic bills. BUT, I am SO happy to have him at home. We get to hang out all day or do things around the house together. He is so relived to get a break from working that I am actually seeing him relax a little. I love it. 

Of course, he is looking for a new job... but I hope he doesn't get employed right away so he can have a break and we can enjoy each others company for a little longer. Yeah, we are not living the luxurious life... that's for sure, but money isn't everything. Our marriage had been struggling for awhile, but I think this is just what we needed to get back on track. 

We are trying to make the best of a bad situation, and I think it's going great!!! 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:18 PM

My husband was laid off for the past month and just got called back. He has been able to get some daddy time with our little man so it was a good break for him but Lord knows I am ready for him to go back. LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:19 PM

LMAO. /yeah... I'm afraid that's going to happen

Quoting Anonymous:

My husband was laid off for the past month and just got called back. He has been able to get some daddy time with our little man so it was a good break for him but Lord knows I am ready for him to go back. LOL

jbirdsladie27
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:20 PM
I know how you feel, except it was me who was laid off....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:20 PM

We both work full time but I am 16 wks pregnant and have been having complications for a while now so the extra money we lost and the fight over insurance was killing our finances. This will help A LOT.

Quoting Anonymous:

LMAO. /yeah... I'm afraid that's going to happen

Quoting Anonymous:

Grumpylilpixy
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Ewww...

opinionatedmom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:22 PM

I couldn't do it. I hate being unemployed. depresses me.

Byrd15
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:23 PM
Awww that's sweet! <3
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Are you going to get a job?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Only if he can't find one. 

Quoting owl0210:

Are you going to get a job?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:30 PM
I wouldnt be ok with a mediocre life....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)