Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dizziness and Confusion

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

3 nights ago, I left work early because I was dizzy and loopy....I went to the Urgent Care, 2 days ago thinking it was a reaction to my medication because I was still dizzy/ seeing double and confused I couldn't get words out of my mouth, They didn't think it was a reaction and they did a Urine test and said I had a UTI even though I have no Symptoms.....They gave me antibiotics..

I went to my Dr yesterday, she also didn't think it was a reaction to my Meds, but took me off of one that could  "Possibly" be causing trouble. She prescribed me motion sickness pills and said if it does not go away by Monday to call back and she also said that it could be caused by my UTI, but confusion and dizziness is rare and usually only happens in elderly people. Well today is day 2 of 3 of my antibiotics and I feel even more dizzy then I was yesterday it feels like I am walking on a boat and everything is blury. I am not as confused, but still have some trouble getting words out of my mouth, I have taken everything that they told me to and I still feel like hell.....

Would you wait till monday? Call back today? go to the Urgent Care.....I can't drive so I would have to call mom to come get me and the kids if I need to go anywhere.....What would you do?

***So the Urgent care called me back, I do NOT have a UTI!?!?! But they want me to take my Antibiotics anyways.....So back to square one...Where are these symptoms comming from!!*****

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sVaca
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Call them back. are u having an ear pain???? i was just having the same problem. are you dehydrated????

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:25 PM

No ear pain, ears looked fine....I am drinking like a fish and it's just the same problem just worse

Quoting sVaca:

Call them back. are u having an ear pain???? i was just having the same problem. are you dehydrated????

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Call back today.  If it gets worse, or doesn't get better, go to the Urgent Care again.

Do you have any risk factors for stroke?  Overweight?  Smoke?  Hormonal BC?  Did you have a headache at all?

I know from experience a UTI can really mess you up.  It is rare and usually in older people, but I had the same symptoms from a UTI when I was 20.  It took about a week to clear up all the way.  Drink lots of cranberry juice, too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:29 PM
I would, but I have a brain hemorage from a car accident , so I have extra reason to worry.....
Not that you don't have reasons to worry...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:29 PM

I am overweight, I have a headache on and off and No I don't smoke and have a Copper IUD. It's just weird that I have to "Regular" symptoms of a UTI and this just came on at work while I was doing nothing out of the ordinary

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Call back today.  If it gets worse, or doesn't get better, go to the Urgent Care again.

Do you have any risk factors for stroke?  Overweight?  Smoke?  Hormonal BC?  Did you have a headache at all?

I know from experience a UTI can really mess you up.  It is rare and usually in older people, but I had the same symptoms from a UTI when I was 20.  It took about a week to clear up all the way.  Drink lots of cranberry juice, too.

sVaca
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:30 PM

could be a sign of vertigo.  like  i said ive been having same issue and i was in the er for 7 hours on monday and all they did was give me fluids and antinausea meds

Quoting Anonymous:

No ear pain, ears looked fine....I am drinking like a fish and it's just the same problem just worse

Quoting sVaca:

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:35 PM

For now, just try to keep tabs of symptoms,  Jot them down in a notebook if you can.

You've told your doctor everything, right?  About the headaches, too?  If it persists get a second opinion, if it gets worse or doesn't improve go back to urgent care.  I don't want to over rule your doctor, but doctors can be wrong.  Keep in touch with your doctor and try to wait.  I took a while to get back to normal with my UTI.  And they did do a scan just in case.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am overweight, I have a headache on and off and No I don't smoke and have a Copper IUD. It's just weird that I have to "Regular" symptoms of a UTI and this just came on at work while I was doing nothing out of the ordinary

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Bonita131
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this

You could have Vertigo. Your symptoms are quite identical. I'm surprised your doc didn't even think of it when you saw her as sudden dizziness is one of the main symptoms of vertigo.  If your symptoms persist, it might be wise to get a second opinion.  I know I would.

• If true vertigo exists, symptoms include a sensation of disorientation or motion. In addition, the individual may also have any or all of these symptoms:
    • nausea or vomiting,
    • sweating, and/or
    • abnormal eye movements.
  • The duration of symptoms can be from minutes to hours, and symptoms can be constant or episodic. The onset may be due to a movement or change in position....

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/vertigo/article_em.htm

sVaca
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:43 PM

yeah ive been having the same symptoms since thanksgiving. was in er for 7 hours monday and they didnt say anything! 

Quoting Bonita131:

You could have Vertigo. Your symptoms are quite identical. I'm surprised your doc didn't even think of it when you saw her as sudden dizziness is one of the main symptoms of vertigo.  If your symptoms persist, it might be wise to get a second opinion.  I know I would.

• If true vertigo exists, symptoms include a sensation of disorientation or motion. In addition, the individual may also have any or all of these symptoms:
    • nausea or vomiting,
    • sweating, and/or
    • abnormal eye movements.
  • The duration of symptoms can be from minutes to hours, and symptoms can be constant or episodic. The onset may be due to a movement or change in position....

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/vertigo/article_em.htm

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Did the doctor rule out meningitis and Brain tumor?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN