Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For the non Christian's who celebrate Christmas

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
For those who celebrate Christmas as a secular holiday, what are your opinions on saying Merry Christmas vs Happy Holidays?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ashley_Carlson
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:25 PM

I don't care either way. I celebrate Yule.

opinionatedmom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this

say merry christmas happy holidays is sooo stupid. if you are that easily offended you need counseling.

do11face
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:26 PM

I'm cool with both.

And I do not think Happy Holidays is stupid.
To me it just means wishing someone well though all the Holidays during the winter season.
Christmas isn't the only one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol this annoys me to no end! I like saying merry Christmas! When I say it there is no religious connotation!

Quoting opinionatedmom:

say merry christmas happy holidays is sooo stupid. if you are that easily offended you need counseling.

Piskie
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I always say happy holidays, since I celebrate yule. I don't mind people wishing me well on their holiday, whatever it is. I get very annoyed at the people who dismiss my holiday. by saying its not holiday season, its Christmas..
That's what bugs me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:27 PM
To me merry Christmas is specific to Christmas where happy holidays covers thanksgiving, Christmas, hanukkah, New Years... Whatever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
702girly
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:28 PM

I don't care what people say.

I usually say "Happy Holidays." I've only been screamed at for not saying "Merry Christmas" instead twice.

I find the majority of people are not batshit crazy when it comes to this topic.

opinionatedmom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Quoting Piskie:

I always say happy holidays, since I celebrate yule. I don't mind people wishing me well on their holiday, whatever it is. I get very annoyed at the people who dismiss my holiday. by saying its not holiday season, its Christmas..
That's what bugs me.

happy yule and merry christmas :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:29 PM
Well that I can agree with, that would piss me off too..

Quoting Piskie:

That's what bugs me.
Roisin07
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Happy Holidays is PC. I'm not offended when someone tells my Merry Christmas even though I celebrate Yule. They don't know that and Yule is not widely known about or accepted. I would hope if I told someone to have a Blessed Yule that they would be just as respectful. Its not said out of disrespect. And we should begin to embrace the simple act of kindness and respect that is given to us no matter the belief system. Because "Christmas" is celebrated in so many different ways, "Happy Holidays" in my opinion is a mature response if you do not know otherwise.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN