Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

if your husband came to you and said he was going to have surgery to become a woman, would you stay or leave??

Posted by   + Show Post
I'd leave...

I'm watching a old episode of Grey's anatomy and that's what made me think of this question. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:31 PM
Replies (41-50):
MommyLehr
by Veronica on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Stay. I e been wanting to be with a woman again for a while anyway! :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bakerytreatz16
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:41 PM
Stay
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovelychaos13
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:41 PM

rofl i love my husband, but i dont think i could picture how he could transition, hes  a supper hairy 6'6  350lbs of man, plus he loves sex with me far too much to do a gender re-assignment surgury

nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:41 PM
I would leave. Not my thing :/
ecerka
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:41 PM
I'd leave. I can't stay with someone that I wouldn't be attracted to any longer.I'd definitely still be friends and would have No problem with him taking care of our child.
la-cosa-nostra
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:42 PM
I would discuss it with him and see what we both want. Either way, I'd support his decision, remain close and help him through it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Id laugh. lol I dont think Id even take him seriously at first. But once I figured out he was serious Id try talking him out of it. If there was absolutly no convincing him then yes, sadly Id leave. I would try to get him some help and be his best friend, but there would be no sexual feelings left for him.

AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:43 PM

well i can post an interesting reply to this one.     i am bi - attracted to Some men and Some women - and most people - like 75% of the human population i would never find attactive.    so i shoudl be ok with dh becoming a girl if anyone could be okay with that.   but i couldnt be - when you change genders - that totally ruins your nerves in your genitals,   they also cannot "make" a vag or a penis very well yet.   it woudl be gross.   i want someone who likes themselves for who they really are - i wouldnt support him doing that - and i wouldnt stay to watch it ... i am fine with gay parents - i have known awesome lesbo moms, i dont know any gay dads.    i have no issues with that - but being a cross dresser or especailly changed gender parent seems too strange to explain to little kids.   then again kids can be more accepting than adults.

rockinmomto2
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:43 PM

I'd leave. That's not what I signed up for. He can be whoever he wants, but that doesn't mean that I will stay married to him.

Mrs.Winchester
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:43 PM

I wouldn't leave my child with someone that mentally unstable.  And yes if my DH told me tomorrow that he wanted to have surgery to become a woman he would have to be having some kind of episode.  LOL

Quoting la-cosa-nostra:

Why full custody?

Quoting Mrs.Winchester:

I'd leave in a heartbeat and I would apply for full custody.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)