Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

School pics

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:39 PM
  • 12 Replies

I have a lot to say about them...

My son is in the 1st grade. They take pics a few times year. I have never bought any. They all look like crap. I know my son is only 6 but he takes better pics when directed....So I get them done myself.

I remember when I was in school photogs actually tried to make you look decent. These last proofs I got were the worst. DS was smiling funny. You cant even see his top lip. His hair is a mess.

Now some of these are funny. I would like to buy maybe a sheet just for myself. I cant buy them unless I buy a package. You can only buy extra sheets as a add on to your package.

What kind of crap is this? Thecheapest package they have is $23.99 and I do not need 32 pics of my son that I amnot going to give to anyone.

They need to do their jobs better or sell by the sheet

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:39 PM
Can we see the pic?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:40 PM

My kids' schools only take pics once a year but I always buy them. It gives my kids an incentive to look good, because they know I'm going to give the pics to all the relatives.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:41 PM
Share the pic?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Does your school send the packet home and then ask for payment if you keep it? Legally you don't have to return it or pay for it. It was unsolicited. Keep them and ignore the notices.

brandie1470
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Its just an envelope with a proof pic on it. My siser kept her pics like you described. They wouldnt let her buy anymore until se returned those or paid for them. They never sent anything again

Quoting Anonymous:

Does your school send the packet home and then ask for payment if you keep it? Legally you don't have to return it or pay for it. It was unsolicited. Keep them and ignore the notices.

brandie1470
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:56 PM

cant til dh is home. Phone isnt cooperating

Quoting Anonymous:

Share the pic?

beerabitch69
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:57 PM
Ours always turn out good. They take them twice a yr.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Yeah, whatever happened the combing kids hair with disposable combs and then taking the picture? It used to be about taking pictures, not it's about how much cash they can make off of shittastic photos taken by people who aren't qualified to operate a cell phone camera let alone do photography.

Peaceful.chaos
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:00 PM
That's the smallest package? That's BS. I just got my DS's today (not a great pic) and the smallest package was 8 wallets and 1 5x7. I'd talk to the school about changing photographers if they don't offer cheaper options.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:03 PM

I have not purchased a portrait package from the school in 8 years. They are too expensive, especially when I factor in all the people who want copies. 

I now just take them myself. In the fall, we'll go to a local park, or around in the back alley of the Main Street buildings for a more urban look. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN