Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

s/o...so you really believe Jesus was born to a virgin?

I thought someone brought up a good point regarding those (namely Christians) who say they won't do Santa because it is a "lie",. How do you reconcile telling your child that Jesus was born to a virgin? I mean, come ON. You don't really believe telling them that is the truth, do you?

Ftr, I don't care if you do the Santa thing or not, just wondering why one lie is bad, but the other is okay.

Okay, I get it now. You people actually buy the virgin Mary story. Lmfao. That is RICH.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:39 PM
Replies (21-30):
LucyHarper
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:46 PM

It is what I believe. Nothing is "100% irrefutable truth", so many scientific concepts have been proven wrong, so I don't say that I know something is true unless I was right there and saw it happen, so I can't say I know 100%, but I do 100% believe it to be true and thats part of the religion, having faith.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LucyHarper:

Considering it isn't a lie, I have no problem telling it to my kids.

So you know it is 100% irrefutable truth?

idee
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:46 PM

The language???? And you don't have to believe. That's your right, but swearing at me is just plain rude.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting idee:

who says a virgin can't have a baby... the point is Jesus' birth was a miracle.

Uh, biology. Medical science. Common fucking sense.

MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Ahh... That makes sense. Good point.

Quoting celestegood:

I'm no expert but think back when Jesus was alive, a marriage happened in stages. She was considered a virgin until a certain amount of time after the marriage ceremony. So of course she was not a physical virgin. But according to tradition in their religion at the time, she was considered a virgin. I am sure they had premarital sex and thats what happened.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting kaffedrikke:

If you dont believe oh well.

Good, then all you fucking Jesus freak hypocrites can stop badgering us about "lying" to our kids about Santa. You people lie about JESUS. You should be ashamed.
mrsmac521
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:47 PM

I believe she was a virgin when she conceived Jesus but more than likely not when he was born.  She was married when she was pregnant.  And I do not believe she remained one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:47 PM
Quoting idee:

Aw...did i hurt your vag? Pretty sure I will use whatever langauge I please.
Mom2Boys9501
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Because him being born to a virgin is not a lie. It's called faith and a belief system. Santa is a fable not a faith.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:49 PM
Quoting LucyHarper:

There are lots of things that are proven . One being No sperm meets egg = no baby.
wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I personally do NOT believe Jesus was born to a virgin...But I am Pagan so....

However if Christians truly believe in the virgin birth and teach it to their kids, they aren't lying to them, just teaching them their faith. There is no way to prove one way or another if Mary was a virgin or not

Maevelyn
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:49 PM

I think that you are viewing it from your faith base. To Christians it's a matter of faith that Jesus was born to a virgin, they actually believe it to be true (full disclosure, Mary being a virgin is not a core belief of the Roman Catholic Church, it's actually more like a tradition. Not believing Mary was a virgin isn't like not believing in God and it isn't an article of faith, like the transubstantiation of the blessed sacrament.)

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)