Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

s/o...so you really believe Jesus was born to a virgin?

I thought someone brought up a good point regarding those (namely Christians) who say they won't do Santa because it is a "lie",. How do you reconcile telling your child that Jesus was born to a virgin? I mean, come ON. You don't really believe telling them that is the truth, do you?

Ftr, I don't care if you do the Santa thing or not, just wondering why one lie is bad, but the other is okay.

Okay, I get it now. You people actually buy the virgin Mary story. Lmfao. That is RICH.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:39 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:50 PM
Quoting Mom2Boys9501:

Because him being born to a virgin is not a lie. It's called faith and a belief system. Santa is a fable not a faith.

The Jesus story is a lovely...story.
melissa632
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:50 PM
No, I don't believe she was a virgin.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:52 PM

I have no doubt he was BUT I think the santa thing is ok. Most of fantasy is lies but fantasy develops the imagination and God forbid, if it was not for someone imagining, we would still be using washboards and riding on horses and buggies...hell...even those things are from someone's imagination....

lalaballet
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:52 PM

I believe it.  If anyone doesn't it doesn't bother me any.  I see no point in faith if everything is known, then it wouldn't be faith.  You won't change my mind and I won't change yours and I'm fine with that. 

amandamarielee
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:53 PM

This chick did and she had no vagina. The browser I am using doesn't allow me to copy and paste links but google girl who got pregnant after being stabbed.  Its pretty crazy!

Mom2Boys9501
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mom2Boys9501:

Because him being born to a virgin is not a lie. It's called faith and a belief system. Santa is a fable not a faith.

The Jesus story is a lovely...story.

Story to you truth to me and other christians.

MrsRobinson06
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:53 PM
Jesus' birth was magical***
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LucyHarper:

There are lots of things that are proven . One being No sperm meets egg = no baby.

Which is why it's called immaculate conception, God can do anything, including placing a fetus in a virgin. He made people in general, so why is creating another so far of a stretch. If you don't believe in God, so be it, but don't ac like its crazy for Christians who believe in God to think a virgin pregnancy is possible. Also, virgin conception is possible in other species, so medically it is possible for a mutation to occur in someone that allows it, so no, no sperm meets egg equals no baby is not 100% truth.

Tal0n
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:54 PM

*facepalmfacepalmfacepalm*

NO.  The Virgin Mary mythos isn't that SHE is a virgin, but that SHE was born OF a virgin!!

Jesus people, can't you even get your own story straight???????

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:54 PM
Quoting Mom2Boys9501:

No, it is a story to everyone, some are just gullible enough to believe it.

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured