Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

s/o...so you really believe Jesus was born to a virgin?

I thought someone brought up a good point regarding those (namely Christians) who say they won't do Santa because it is a "lie",. How do you reconcile telling your child that Jesus was born to a virgin? I mean, come ON. You don't really believe telling them that is the truth, do you?

Ftr, I don't care if you do the Santa thing or not, just wondering why one lie is bad, but the other is okay.

Okay, I get it now. You people actually buy the virgin Mary story. Lmfao. That is RICH.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:39 PM
Replies (41-50):
TigressLily
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Well, since it's not a lie, I will tell my child the TRUTH. My child{ren} will also know the history of how Santa came about, but they will also know that he isn't here anymore riding in a sleigh with reindeer delivering toys to everyone's house.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting LucyHarper:

Lol...was Jesus another species? No? Your argument means shit.

Humanly impossible.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:56 PM
Quoting Tal0n:

*facepalmfacepalmfacepalm*

NO.  The Virgin Mary mythos isn't that SHE is a virgin, but that SHE was born OF a virgin!!

Jesus people, can't you even get your own story straight???????

Ffs. No.
Mom2Boys9501
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mom2Boys9501:

No, it is a story to everyone, some are just gullible enough to believe it.

It's not gullible it's faith but believe (or don't believe) all you want. It's not going to change it for those who believe. Bashing those who believe in Jesus isn't going to change just because you say they are gullible. Like I've said to others before no one will know until the end anyway and I for one would rather live my life like there is a God and find out there isn't than live like there isn't to find out he existed all along.

ashleymosq
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:58 PM

That is where Faith comes in. 

We know for a fact that Santa is not real. He was based off of a man that lived a long time ago that did go out during the night and gave gifts to the poor. So some choose to continue that tradition with their kids.

With Faith though, people chose to have faith that Jesus lived long ago and continues to live in our hearts and watches over us. Having faith does not mean we believing in lies. We have faith that what the bible says is true. 

To some it the idea of Santa or Jesus are the same, but to others they are not. It is all about faith and what you chose to believe in. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Of course as a christian you do know the legend of "Santa Claus" is based on a true person? A Christian saint and all.

Quoting Mom2Boys9501:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mom2Boys9501:

Because him being born to a virgin is not a lie. It's called faith and a belief system. Santa is a fable not a faith.

The Jesus story is a lovely...story.

Story to you truth to me and other christians.

etsmom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:59 PM

It's called faith. You don't have it, so why do you care? Oh and I do believe that that is the truth

hreynol25
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol ok I feel bad for laughing out loud

Quoting luvmymunchkins3:

haha no i dont believe she was a virgin i think she was a dirty whore
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SandyLaxner
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Nah,it is just called "faith".  Glad I have it.

LucyHarper
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:01 PM

I'm not saying that it happened that way in the case of Jesus, because it didn't, that was immaculate conception. And he wouldn't have to be another species, I said that its possible in other species so it is possible for someone, a human, to be born with a genetic mutation that allows for the same, its called evolution, like blue eyes or the ability to walk upright, doesn't make them another species, just a human with a genetic mutation that allows for something that isn't possible in other humans. If you know anything about statistics or medical science, you would know that absolutely nothing is 100% impossible, ask any scientist.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LucyHarper:

Lol...was Jesus another species? No? Your argument means shit.

Humanly impossible.

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)