Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rough Play is Dangerous

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:36 PM
  • 39 Replies
1 mom liked this

I can't seem to teach my son the whole, "there is a time and a place for *that*" lesson.  Im nervous the kid is going to snap my neck or seriously injure me.  

We tease eachother a lot, we think its funny to sneak up on eachother and scare the pants off one another, we play rough.  I am like a human jungle gym.  

I LOVE it, when im ready for it!  

The sneaking thing started when he began pretending to be a rock.  He likes to curl into a ball on his knees (like a rock, lol) and whenever im gone and he knows im coming in and I see him like this im like, "Where is Remington!? Where could he be?  Where did my little man go?" he says with his face buried in his arms, "I A ROCK!" and im like "omg, this rock is talking!".  Depending on the day or time I pick him up and drop him outside, "Rocks belong outside.", or I purposely trip over him and im all dramatic about it like, "Omg, I tripped!" and crash into something.  He thinks thats hilarious.  

Then, he started hiding and when id see him, I knew what was coming and i'd walk by and he would grab my feet or dart out in front of me and I would pretend to fall all hilariously like.  

Then the day came that I didn't notice where he was hiding... : / lol...I was headed to a different room and he was hiding behind the recliner.  Just as I was passing he lurched forward and grab hold of both my feet.  I fell, for real.  It fucking hurt.  You know how sometimes you do like a graceful sort of fall and almost catch yourself.  You cant do that without atleast one of your feet.  I went down hard.  He was so excited! lol.  Im twitching on the floor and he decides its time to rough house now because anytime im on the floor its time for summo wrestling.  So he pops up as im twitching and breathing through my teeth and jumps on my stomache with both his knees.  

It was still kinda funny I guess...im smiling as im complaining about this lol.  

Anyways, I can think of a half a dozen times that it was not time to play beat the crap out of mom and he began to only for me try to explain to him that there is a time and a place for rough play and now is not it.

The funniest one was when he climbed up ontop of the buffett and was waiting to pounce as I walked past the doorway to the dining room.  Just like some kind of ninja!  I was carrying a bowl of mashed potatoes and I saw him from my peripherals flying through the air and my instinct was to repel him with my back lol, I mean, catch..yea catch him with my back.  He landed on my back holding himself on by wrapping his arms around my neck.  Im spinning around trying to shake him off me and not drop 5 pounds of molten hot potatoes on the ground in granny ironstone dish.  He is just laughing hysterically as im starting to see spots.  I safely tossed the taters on the table and body slammed him into the couch and tickled him till he begged for mercy.

What on earth was I talking about? *rubs skinned elbow*

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ashley_Carlson
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL

Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:40 PM

*ETA* he only does this with me and grandpa, we jokingly call him Stewie.

melissaaytes
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:46 PM

LOL my 3 yr old daughter LOVES to play rough!

Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Is there like a bell you ring to cue its time or are you also abused? lol

Quoting melissaaytes:

reizenskitty
by Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:50 PM

omg that is adorable I love how he pretends to be a rock lol!

rvb146
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:54 PM
Aww. Haha I laughed out loud reading this post. What a cutie!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melissaaytes
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Oh def. abused!!! she headbutted me in the mouth one time when we were playing and it hurt like a ***** but it's fun and almost worth the bumps and bruises!!  We have a lot of fun being rough and tumble and i love not having a prissy little girl!!!

Quoting Matriarch87:

Is there like a bell you ring to cue its time or are you also abused? lol

Quoting melissaaytes:

Roo1234
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:56 PM
in our house we have always had a safe word that everyone knows means stop. the kids have been taught to respect the word,as have the parents. It helps us keep the fun without taking it to far.
Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Im really not even sure where he got that idea, one day he was just pretending to be a rock and actually asked me to trip over him. lol, such a weird little dude : P  

Quoting reizenskitty:

omg that is adorable I love how he pretends to be a rock lol!

Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Oh good : ) I like making people laugh.  Thank you.

Quoting rvb146:

Aww. Haha I laughed out loud reading this post. What a cutie!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured