Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

People who smoke are not good parents

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 563 Replies
62 moms liked this

This belief is what kept me from smoking. I quit the day I found out I was pregnant and never smoked again. I view (for myself) that smoking would make me less of a parent.

1. A parent who can not effectively handle stress without the aid of a drug, will not be able to teach her children to do so

2. A parent who willingly shortens their lifespan, despite being a parent, is placing instant gratification above the needs of her children

3. A parent who smokes knowing the likelihood that her smoking will lead her child to smoke in the future, is putting her addiction above the health of her child.

Now I imagine that some of you will get defensive over this post, and many of you will even make excuses as to how you can smoke and these statements don't apply to you. At the end of the day, it makes no difference how an internet stranger views your decisions. I posted this because it keeps me from smoking, and maybe someone will read it, take it to heart and it will keep them from smoking too.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
poshkat
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:43 PM
70 moms liked this

k, well im off to smoke a nice newport now. ttyl!!!!

MissMissfit
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:44 PM
9 moms liked this

Meh. Every one has their own vices. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:44 PM
18 moms liked this

you're welcome to your opinion.  everyone has one, just like assholes.  have a wonderful day!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:45 PM
15 moms liked this

Ok well I hope then you dont do any of the billion thinks that could cause cancer or shorten your lifespan. Since you are so much better than a smoker you know....

BekkieBoodle
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Ok
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LectioDivina
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:45 PM
5 moms liked this

Sounds like something they give out in those addiction pamphlets...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:45 PM
21 moms liked this

People who smoke are parents who smoke and all that implies. Why do people feel the need to oversimplify things and throw everything into the good or bad category. Sorry life is not that simple and you are belittling your own intelligence by making generalizations. 

NewMama28
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:46 PM
2 moms liked this
AGREE.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:46 PM
76 moms liked this
Former smokers are worse than non-smokers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
slvr115
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:46 PM
11 moms liked this
I agree. My husband quit the day I found out I was pregnant. We agreed about it beforehand. He talks about wanting a cigarette sometimes, but he hasn't smoked since.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)