Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spin off .. Red headed children..

Posted by   + Show Post

My children arent read headed but I heard that people with red hair  have fiery tempers and sharp tongues!!

Do you believe thats true? If you have a  red headed child and a non red headed can you tell....

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:22 PM
Replies (11-20):
Schleetle
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:28 PM
Well my auburn haired son is a giant pita compared to the my other two. It sounds mean, but it's true! lol my other son has dark blonde, and my daughter has strawberry blonde. Naturally my hair is auburn red, but I am pretty non confrontational.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ayla-bellesmom
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:28 PM
Its not true. I know a few people with redheaded kids and out of all of them, only one has a real temper.

I had a wicked temper (and still do) as a kid and I'm only brown/ auburn.

My sister was blonde and had a terrible temper.

I think its more likely that its genetic....inherited somehow than based on hair.

I also think its one of those self fulfilling prophecy type of things.
OhSnapMom
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:29 PM

My daughter is a red head (more strawberry blonde now) & she can be quite the diva with her temper, lol.

Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:29 PM
My mom have a bad temper and she is a red head. My uncle does too though and he is a blonde. They say it is the Irish lol, I don't know I have a pretty bad temper too but I'm a brunette with a little of a red tint to it.
indymom72
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:30 PM

I wanted a red headed baby so bad...but it appears I only make blonde children. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:30 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't think the color of your hair determines your temperament.
grey7399
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't believe that.  I think the temper comes from the way they were raised.

But I have read that being a red head can mean a sensitivity to anesthesia and other medical concerns.

hootowl21
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:32 PM
Opposite for me. My dd has brown hair and she's got the temper. My ds has red hair and is complete opposite of her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Twisted.Jester
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Well, you'd have a temper too if someone was on your ass for being a redhead every minute of your life.

-ZombieGirl-
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Yes, that's why DH is surprised my red hair isn't natural cause I sure do act like one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured