Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would it be tacky to have Santa Clause appear at my Christmas Wedding? ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 385 Replies

my MIL swears its going to be the tackiest thing ever and I keep  telling her, it's fine. Everyone expects Santa during a Christmas themed wedding. I told her how she doesn't have to sit on his lap if she doesn't want but that's how we're doing it. If she doesn't like it oh well. Now what do you think about it? Is it tacky? I will never admit to her face that i'm doubtful I can pull this off.

ETA: Kids won't be at my wedding. My own kids are 4 mths old so they won't be there either. As of today, MIL is refusing to attend. She can't "suffer" in her words for 5 hrs at this reception. This is her only son! That lady is something else!

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheMrs407
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:44 PM
16 moms liked this
Team MIL.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bethsunshine
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds tacky to me but it's your wedding
ncohetero
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:46 PM
2 moms liked this
I think it fits the theme
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:47 PM

I mean it's always been a dream of mine to have Santa at a Christmas wedding. First she had a problem with the date being December 22nd and now she's bitching about Santa clause. That lady isn't going to win this battle.

Baybeelove88
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:50 PM
3 moms liked this
Are we talking like a mall Santa? I mean it could be really cool if you hired an actor with an awesome more formal costume... As long as it all fits together I don't see anything wrong with it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Big fat, holly jolly, red suit & black belt Santa. He's not going to be formal. That would ruin the Christmas spirit for me.

Quoting Baybeelove88:

Are we talking like a mall Santa? I mean it could be really cool if you hired an actor with an awesome more formal costume... As long as it all fits together I don't see anything wrong with it

Megshere
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Hahahahaha WHAT?!

Photobucket

Baybeelove88
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:54 PM
I guess formal is the wrong word.... More old school? Like.... Idk nvmd... It's your wedding! Do what makes you happy!

Quoting Anonymous:

Big fat, holly jolly, red suit & black belt Santa. He's not going to be formal. That would ruin the Christmas spirit for me.

Quoting Baybeelove88:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this
The Nightmare before Christmas.

The mental visions I have = no bueno.

#TeamMIL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommybug77
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I bet the kids would love it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured