Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would it be tacky to have Santa Clause appear at my Christmas Wedding? ETA

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

my MIL swears its going to be the tackiest thing ever and I keep  telling her, it's fine. Everyone expects Santa during a Christmas themed wedding. I told her how she doesn't have to sit on his lap if she doesn't want but that's how we're doing it. If she doesn't like it oh well. Now what do you think about it? Is it tacky? I will never admit to her face that i'm doubtful I can pull this off.

ETA: Kids won't be at my wedding. My own kids are 4 mths old so they won't be there either. As of today, MIL is refusing to attend. She can't "suffer" in her words for 5 hrs at this reception. This is her only son! That lady is something else!

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:43 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:00 PM

He think it's weird but he's willing to go with whatever I want.

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

I think it's cute. It's your wedding. How does you fiancé feel about it?

chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:00 PM

I have no problem with it.  My wedding was Dec. 16th (23 yrs ago lol) but no Santa.  I didn't even think of it.  But, if I had-he would've been there.  I just asked dh what he thought-he said "it's your wedding, if you want Santa-have Santa! If you don't, you will regret it."

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Kids aren't allowed at my wedding. Honestly, I don't need brats running around and ruining our fun.

Quoting kissesxoxo8882:

If there are kids no its not tacky

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Hmm. Thats kinda weird, kinda original... I think it'd be cute if he was the one who married you

Quoting Anonymous:

mid-reception he'll come in and have some guests sit on his lap, he can do some dancing with us on the dancefloor and stay until the end.

Quoting Anonymous:

How will he "fit" in.... like what will he do

My6Rock
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I had a Christmas wedding (no Santa) on Dec. 24th. There were lots of complaints about the date, but they got over it. Having Santa there would have ruined the class of the wedding I had planned. However, I've been to some really tacky weddings in recent years, and if you want Santa there, I can tell you it's not the worst idea I've heard. You should have him deliver your guest's thank you gifts. If there will be lots of children there, have special gifts for them. Truly tacky would be if he did a singing telegram, lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:02 PM

That might work but I don't know.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hmm. Thats kinda weird, kinda original... I think it'd be cute if he was the one who married you

Quoting Anonymous:

mid-reception he'll come in and have some guests sit on his lap, he can do some dancing with us on the dancefloor and stay until the end.

Quoting Anonymous:

How will he "fit" in.... like what will he do

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:03 PM
10 moms liked this
Since kids aren't allowed at your wedding then i think it would be very tacky... And by the way kids are not brats....

Quoting Anonymous:

Kids aren't allowed at my wedding. Honestly, I don't need brats running around and ruining our fun.

Quoting kissesxoxo8882:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Some of them are

Quoting Anonymous:

Since kids aren't allowed at your wedding then i think it would be very tacky... And by the way kids are not brats....

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kissesxoxo8882:

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:04 PM

I don't think it is all tacky.  Are there children involved in your wedding?  If so, they will LOVE this.  What is Santa doing?  Santa could pass out some of the party favors for a fun touch.

Also, make sure Santa looks as nice as your wedding, and is a professional who won't drop character or show up drunk....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:06 PM

I told him to act "drunk" or have a little drink before the wedding. It's a party! Why not! and no kids, they aren't allowed.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

I don't think it is all tacky.  Are there children involved in your wedding?  If so, they will LOVE this.  What is Santa doing?  Santa could pass out some of the party favors for a fun touch.

Also, make sure Santa looks as nice as your wedding, and is a professional who won't drop character or show up drunk....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)