Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would it be tacky to have Santa Clause appear at my Christmas Wedding? ETA

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

my MIL swears its going to be the tackiest thing ever and I keep  telling her, it's fine. Everyone expects Santa during a Christmas themed wedding. I told her how she doesn't have to sit on his lap if she doesn't want but that's how we're doing it. If she doesn't like it oh well. Now what do you think about it? Is it tacky? I will never admit to her face that i'm doubtful I can pull this off.

ETA: Kids won't be at my wedding. My own kids are 4 mths old so they won't be there either. As of today, MIL is refusing to attend. She can't "suffer" in her words for 5 hrs at this reception. This is her only son! That lady is something else!

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:43 PM
Replies (31-40):
1stpreggers
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:08 PM
Lmao that's a horrible idea! Very tacky.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:10 PM
Why post if you are set on having A Big Fat Tacky Wedding?
luvn_my_babies
by Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:11 PM
I think it's a fun idea...it's your wedding, do what you want!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, that's just awesome!!!

While you are planning, why don't you have him dress like Dan Akroyd in Trading Places. Give him a bottle and a dead fish.

Quoting Anonymous:

I told him to act "drunk" or have a little drink before the wedding. It's a party! Why not! and no kids, they aren't allowed.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

I don't think it is all tacky.  Are there children involved in your wedding?  If so, they will LOVE this.  What is Santa doing?  Santa could pass out some of the party favors for a fun touch.

Also, make sure Santa looks as nice as your wedding, and is a professional who won't drop character or show up drunk....

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:15 PM

hm that could work, he's doing Santa,but in a "Bad Santa" way, you know like that movie with that Billy Bob guy.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, that's just awesome!!!

While you are planning, why don't you have him dress like Dan Akroyd in Trading Places. Give him a bottle and a dead fish.

Quoting Anonymous:

I told him to act "drunk" or have a little drink before the wedding. It's a party! Why not! and no kids, they aren't allowed.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

I don't think it is all tacky.  Are there children involved in your wedding?  If so, they will LOVE this.  What is Santa doing?  Santa could pass out some of the party favors for a fun touch.

Also, make sure Santa looks as nice as your wedding, and is a professional who won't drop character or show up drunk....

ripemango
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:16 PM

dude, you are a trip

Quoting Anonymous:

Kids aren't allowed at my wedding. Honestly, I don't need brats running around and ruining our fun.

Quoting kissesxoxo8882:

If there are kids no its not tacky

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:16 PM

O....M.....G.....

I can't even think of anything clever to say so I will just say YES, it is very tacky.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:19 PM
I had a Christmas wedding. The thought of Santa being there never entered my mind. So yes, I agree with mil on this one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Why not post? We love peple like dis.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why post if you are set on having A Big Fat Tacky Wedding?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Troll!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)