Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would it be tacky to have Santa Clause appear at my Christmas Wedding? ETA

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

my MIL swears its going to be the tackiest thing ever and I keep  telling her, it's fine. Everyone expects Santa during a Christmas themed wedding. I told her how she doesn't have to sit on his lap if she doesn't want but that's how we're doing it. If she doesn't like it oh well. Now what do you think about it? Is it tacky? I will never admit to her face that i'm doubtful I can pull this off.

ETA: Kids won't be at my wedding. My own kids are 4 mths old so they won't be there either. As of today, MIL is refusing to attend. She can't "suffer" in her words for 5 hrs at this reception. This is her only son! That lady is something else!

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:43 PM
Replies (41-50):
spooky415
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:23 PM
i love santa. i would be so happy if i saw him at a wedding.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Give me a freaking break! Who the he[] does this? sick

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:39 PM
6 moms liked this
I was on team bride, until I saw your comments about a bunch of brats running around ruining your fun. #1 that was a very rude way to put it. You could have simply said that you have chosen not to allow children at your wedding. And #2 Santa but no children sounds weird. Santa is for children. It Sounds like you are a spoiled brat, who doesn't want to share your special time with Santa.
LuLuThatsWho
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:40 PM

I think that "themed" weddings are tacky.  The theme of a wedding is two people getting married.

Nicky2911
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Oh that sounds cool! My Santa would have to wear the thin, golden reading spectacles though... none of the Santas around here seem to do that anymore but it seems so classic Santa to me :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:16 AM
Have the person who is marrying you to dress up like Santa ;)
arpazia
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:16 AM
Sick? How?

Quoting Anonymous:

Give me a freaking break! Who the he[] does this? sick

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Schleetle
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:18 AM
I'd think it was really odd to see Santa at a wedding... It's your day so whatever you want is what's final. I do sorta agree with mil in thought, but I personally wouldn't have offered my opinion without being asked if I were her either.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Rlmama00
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:31 AM

I used to do character birthday parties in college, and I was actually hired more than once as Minnie Mouse for weddings. If done right having Santa there could be fun, but there is a fine line between cute fun and just plain 'ol tacky.

lissetteP
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:32 AM
sounds like cool idea
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)