Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Had your palm read and do you think this is "satanic" if your are religious
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:36 PM
Replies (21-30):
Jessica_Esqueda
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:51 PM

They came to pass, some months later. My husband and I, we didn't talk about what she had said, didn't pay any attention to it. But later on, it became disturbingly accurate. The Bible says ask and you shall see... we saw more than we wanted to. And since, we have left those things alone. As they should be.

Quoting Danapopcorn:

Wy weren't the results pleasant?

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

I have, once. The results weren't pleasant. 

I am catholic and do not think this is Satanic. Should it be messed with? No. But it's not satanic. 

For delicious allergy-friendly recipes, follow my blog, Cooking With Food Allergies! 

LaceNBklyn
Yea like she hit things right on the head

Quoting SadiasMomma:

I had my palm read as a teenager in time square. Oddly accurate! Not satanic.
Jessica_Esqueda

LOL!!! How am I creepy? That's a first!! 

Quoting LaceNBklyn:

Calm down! I responded like that because u just sound creepy. . . Bye

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

Do you need me to clarify? Do you not understand? Your response seems rather... lackluster. 

Quoting LaceNBklyn:

....... o ok

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

All implications of the phrase. Playing with it, doing it, having it done... the darker side of our world is not meant to be experienced or toyed with. 

Quoting LaceNBklyn:

When u say messed with what do you mean

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

I have, once. The results weren't pleasant. 

I am catholic and do not think this is Satanic. Should it be messed with? No. But it's not satanic. 

For delicious allergy-friendly recipes, follow my blog, Cooking With Food Allergies! 

LaceNBklyn
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:52 PM
No bs . I never been the type to but its strangely enlightening esp if your the in the stage of your life when your feel you need answers. As i was today.

Quoting model1000mom:

no but I actually have been curious about having it done

heavenly1462
by Jessica on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:53 PM
I've never had one done. But I think it would be cool to have one! My mom got one years ago for fun at my dad's work party. They told her a female in the family would have a baby within 2 years and it would be a girl. Almost 2 years later I had a daughter.
Baybeelove88
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this
No and no
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaceNBklyn
See I believe in God with all of me. But I dont believe in the bible. I feel its man made. No offense to those who do .

Quoting Anonymous:

No but palm reading, sorcery, fortune telling are all forbidden for believers that are following Christ & the teachings of the bible. It is satanic. Demonic forces are giving you those "answers". 

LaceNBklyn
Awwwwww

Quoting heavenly1462:

I've never had one done. But I think it would be cool to have one! My mom got one years ago for fun at my dad's work party. They told her a female in the family would have a baby within 2 years and it would be a girl. Almost 2 years later I had a daughter.
wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:55 PM

I have, more than once and it was very accurate...

I am Pagan and so I do not believe in satan so I do not think it is satanic...I read Tarot cards myself :)

eqwife
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:55 PM

i occasionally read tarot for people i feel comfortable around or just by myself..once a woman stopped me on the street out of the blue and insisted on reading my palm but she wanted 10 bucks, she was so intent that she had so many things to tell me..but i didnt have 10 dollars and even if i did i probably wouldnt have bitten for her..

i dont feel palm reading is evil, exploitation is evil, but honing your intuition or seeking answers however you need to is acceptable..

'God works in mysterious ways.'

perhaps this was one way for you to hear what you needed to hear, not everything comes to us by conventional ways..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN