Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Had your palm read and do you think this is "satanic" if your are religious
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:36 PM
Replies (31-40):
LaceNBklyn
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:57 PM
Like. She told me two things that NOONE knows BUT ME along with a few other things that is not something you can look at a person and say. And then she even gave me a time frame of how long I have been having "issues" which I swear to you is exactly how long!

Quoting Danapopcorn:

How accurate?

Quoting LaceNBklyn:

The things she told me were disturbingly accurate. Now I just feel like... Am I goin again God. Im no born again christian but I do believe heavily in God so im confused a lil

Quoting waffa:

yes had it read, most of what she said came to fruition, BUT only b/c I recalled what her vague reading was about.

nothing but a farce; reads are so vauge they can be interpreted by anyone in any way...

satanic? no, free market capitalism LOL!

LaceNBklyn
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:58 PM
Thats calming.

Quoting wrensong:

I have, more than once and it was very accurate...

I am Pagan and so I do not believe in satan so I do not think it is satanic...I read Tarot cards myself :)

waffa
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:00 AM

only as accurate as you allow...

what if I were to tell you that I can predict the future and that someone close will die soon?

say, your great aunt died soon after I told you that. would that make me a psychic? No. that would make me a good reader of your age and approximating the likelihood of older relatives still alive that might be close to you.

nothing to do with god, faith, beliefs; just capitalism like i said.

Quoting LaceNBklyn:

The things she told me were disturbingly accurate. Now I just feel like... Am I goin again God. Im no born again christian but I do believe heavily in God so im confused a lil

Quoting waffa:

yes had it read, most of what she said came to fruition, BUT only b/c I recalled what her vague reading was about.

nothing but a farce; reads are so vauge they can be interpreted by anyone in any way...

LaceNBklyn
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:02 AM
This!!! Like as strange as it sound i feel God sent me there! Like... I am 24 never have I ever wanted one! I have always been afraid or ive just felt it was wrong. Today after a panic attack i like felt lost like i needed answers and I was going to find a church and speak to a pastor but i had
Limited time to pick up my child. So basically i picked him up by this time i calmed down Nd decided to take him out. And as we were goin somethin just popped in my head like get a reading at first i said ok on our way back but its like something just compelled me to go then and as i looked out thw cab window a reading place was literally right across fr me n we were stuck in traffic to i just got out and went

Quoting eqwife:

i occasionally read tarot for people i feel comfortable around or just by myself..once a woman stopped me on the street out of the blue and insisted on reading my palm but she wanted 10 bucks, she was so intent that she had so many things to tell me..but i didnt have 10 dollars and even if i did i probably wouldnt have bitten for her..

i dont feel palm reading is evil, exploitation is evil, but honing your intuition or seeking answers however you need to is acceptable..

'God works in mysterious ways.'

perhaps this was one way for you to hear what you needed to hear, not everything comes to us by conventional ways..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:04 AM

You think GOD sent you to dabble in sorcery? That's laughable. 

LaceNBklyn
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:05 AM
I get your drift and no offense it wasn't vague at all. It was directly on the nail! As if someone told her abt me b4 i came. Yea tell me someones gnna die soon yea ok sure. But tell me someone did just die and they was my sister.... And my sister did just die?

Quoting waffa:

only as accurate as you allow...

what if I were to tell you that I can predict the future and that someone close will die soon?

say, your great aunt died soon after I told you that. would that make me a psychic? No. that would make me a good reader of your age and approximating the likelihood of older relatives still alive that might be close to you.

nothing to do with god, faith, beliefs; just capitalism like i said.

Quoting LaceNBklyn:

Quoting waffa:

eqwife
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:05 AM

yes! you were definately being propelled by a higher power, especially looking out your window and seeing that place right there..

i wish you luck and a clear perception on your life's journey!

Quoting LaceNBklyn:

This!!! Like as strange as it sound i feel God sent me there! Like... I am 24 never have I ever wanted one! I have always been afraid or ive just felt it was wrong. Today after a panic attack i like felt lost like i needed answers and I was going to find a church and speak to a pastor but i had
Limited time to pick up my child. So basically i picked him up by this time i calmed down Nd decided to take him out. And as we were goin somethin just popped in my head like get a reading at first i said ok on our way back but its like something just compelled me to go then and as i looked out thw cab window a reading place was literally right across fr me n we were stuck in traffic to i just got out and went

Quoting eqwife:

i occasionally read tarot for people i feel comfortable around or just by myself..once a woman stopped me on the street out of the blue and insisted on reading my palm but she wanted 10 bucks, she was so intent that she had so many things to tell me..but i didnt have 10 dollars and even if i did i probably wouldnt have bitten for her..

i dont feel palm reading is evil, exploitation is evil, but honing your intuition or seeking answers however you need to is acceptable..

perhaps this was one way for you to hear what you needed to hear, not everything comes to us by conventional ways..

LaceNBklyn
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:06 AM
I have a right to feel how i feel do i not?????? O okay

Quoting Anonymous:

LaceNBklyn
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:07 AM
I agree thank u

Quoting eqwife:

yes! you were definately being propelled by a higher power, especially looking out your window and seeing that place right there..

i wish you luck and a clear perception on your life's journey!

Quoting LaceNBklyn:

Quoting eqwife:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Sure you do. But the fact of the matter is, God isn't going to send you off to do something that goes completely against His teachings. But sure. God told you to do something he said was a sin. 

No, that's called the devil, honey. Maybe you need to go back to church.  

Quoting LaceNBklyn:

I have a right to feel how i feel do i not?????? O okay

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN