Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

why does it seem like

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies
Five out of ten kids nowadays have asbergers or autism . I think drs over use that term the kid is "hyper" give him these pills. The kid is a little behind he is autistic . I know a little girl who was told she had asbergers . Turns out she didn't I'm not bashing anyone with the real disability I'm just saying it seems to be very occurant now when it was "rare" at 1 time . http://m.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/america_false_autism_epidemic_jfI7XORH94IcUB795b6f7L
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:58 PM
.....not this again.
beerabitch69
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Oh good. I have been waiting for this shit.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bennett121
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:04 AM

My dd is 3 and still cannot talk. She can't follow simple directions and she does not play appropriately with toys. These are only 3 things that we deal with daily. 

An autism diagnosis does not come easy. It is very difficult to get a diagnosis and can take years sometimes. 

It's not being over diagnosed, there are more and more children who have it. I think instead of pointing the finger at the doctors who are identifying the disorder, maybe we should be freaking out trying to figure out what is causing this epidemic. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:04 AM
Yup me to I'm going to bashed like no other

Quoting beerabitch69:

Oh good. I have been waiting for this shit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this

ah hell i'll bust out the popcorn and beer..

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:08 AM
I'm not saying its not real
But just because a kid can't read good. For gods sake he is just slower ! My sister was a premi they are trying to say she has asbergers but there's no way she went out of state to see another Dr she dosent even meet the guidelines..

Quoting Bennett121:

My dd is 3 and still cannot talk. She can't follow simple directions and she does not play appropriately with toys. These are only 3 things that we deal with daily. 

An autism diagnosis does not come easy. It is very difficult to get a diagnosis and can take years sometimes. 

It's not being over diagnosed, there are more and more children who have it. I think instead of pointing the finger at the doctors who are identifying the disorder, maybe we should be freaking out trying to figure out what is causing this epidemic. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:09 AM
Ill have a vodka redbull

Quoting Anonymous:

ah hell i'll bust out the popcorn and beer..

Meghan6391
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:10 AM
When i was younger everyone had adhd or add
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:11 AM
I am aware that a ridiculous amount of kids have autism, however, I highly doubt it is half.... I'd like to know where you got that statistic.

ETA: According to the CDC as of March 2012, 1 in 88 children have autism

http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/autism/data.html
melschlegs
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:11 AM

To be fair, while there may be doctors that rush to a diagnosis, most doctors now are very careful about it.  I think any parent who takes a single diagnosis from one doctor needs to get a second or third opinion... my SS's DS has aspergers, and it took 5 different doctors to diagnose her properly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)