Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

birth control

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
Which is better copper iud or mirena?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jrogillio
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:14 AM
Neither...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
preemiemommy
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:15 AM
Wouldn't know I can't use any of that stuff

Damn uterus anyhow
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:17 AM
I don't really want to get the iud but seems like the only birth control that works

Quoting Jrogillio:

Neither...

Aydans_Mommy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:18 AM
I have the best kind. No uterus anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jrogillio
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:20 AM
I had side effects from mirena I never realized til I was on it 3 yrs then started hearing other women's stories. And it was like a light bulb go off.. I heard paraguard isn't good especially if u are sensitive to nickel bc it's a copper covered "or something" nickel string. In the cafe mom search engine search mirena an self iud removal and read the posts it brings up and u will see MANY women's complications with both.. I also have read mirena could be some causes of infertility but I do have "facts" to prove it. Just what other women have said.
Jrogillio
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:23 AM
Also I recently learned you can removed paraguard/mirena by yourself.. ( I actually did yesterday) just look into both before you decide a lesser Of the 2 evils. I didn't like putting a foreign object in my uterus to begin with
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:23 AM
Yeah I was looking up the mirena and it doesn't sound good

Quoting Jrogillio:

I had side effects from mirena I never realized til I was on it 3 yrs then started hearing other women's stories. And it was like a light bulb go off.. I heard paraguard isn't good especially if u are sensitive to nickel bc it's a copper covered "or something" nickel string. In the cafe mom search engine search mirena an self iud removal and read the posts it brings up and u will see MANY women's complications with both.. I also have read mirena could be some causes of infertility but I do have "facts" to prove it. Just what other women have said.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:25 AM
I had Mirena. I didnt mind it. No issues what so ever. I removed it myself and was pregnant within 2 weeks (im due july 2nd :) ) so apparently it didnt cause fertility problems lol
Jrogillio
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:28 AM
I figured when I'm ready to get back on bc I will go old fashion back on the pill. I got preg on the patch with my first (thank goodness we were talking about getting off n having a baby). I read a paper at drs office if your Nuva ring falls out.. To rinse it and put it back in.. To me that didn't give me confidence in it.. Depo made me blow up like a whale and mirena... Made me irritable, moody, depressed, migraines, forgetful, pains in my right side and more
Jrogillio
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:29 AM
That's nice to hear bc I took mine out yesterday and we are ttc

Quoting Anonymous:

I had Mirena. I didnt mind it. No issues what so ever. I removed it myself and was pregnant within 2 weeks (im due july 2nd :) ) so apparently it didnt cause fertility problems lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)