Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband is finally searching for his family

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 2:03 AM
  • 12 Replies
My husband has pretty much been on his own and has had no desire to search for his mother, brother or sisters. But he came to me today and said he is ready! Honestly it was a complete shock for me as we haven't talked about it in about 5 years now. I am so excited but have no clue where to start and we want to try and have at least an address by Christmas. We have their names and we know where they were born. But I don't know how to find where they are now.

Again I am so excited!!! I'm finally going to get in laws. I'm finally going to get to know and maybe even see pictures of hubby as a baby!! My kiddos will have more aunts, uncles, cousins grandparents, great grandparents. This is just awesome and I can't wait until we find them!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 2:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abbymomof1
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 2:21 AM
Bump :D
Sammybby09
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 2:24 AM

How exciting and nerve racking at the same time.!! I hope he is able to find them and develope a relationship with them! 

If you don't mind me asking, what happened? Was he adopted?

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 2:25 AM
That's awesome was he adopted or was he a child of the system?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 1, 2012 at 2:26 AM

There's always a chance that they don't want anything to do with him.. Is there a reason he lost touch?

endoftheworld
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 2:30 AM

I have helped people out before, for free. If you want to send me the info I can check around for you. If not, good luck! Hope you find them!

GigantaursMommy
by MrsAwesomePants on Dec. 1, 2012 at 2:31 AM

I wouldn't get too excited about it. Just because he wants to find his family doesn't mean he is going to want to have a relationship with them or that they will want to have a relationship with him. 

abbymomof1
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 2:31 AM
From the little he has told me, he was 5 when it happened his dad took him to live with family and left his mom and 4 younger siblings. He bounced from family member to family member until 17 then he decided he wanted nothing more to do with any of his family. He is now 47 and says its time to at least try. :D
abbymomof1
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 2:32 AM
Really?! That would be awesome!!

Quoting endoftheworld:

I have helped people out before, for free. If you want to send me the info I can check around for you. If not, good luck! Hope you find them!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 1, 2012 at 2:34 AM
Don't get your hopes up too high just yet, finding lost family does not always turn out that wonderfully. I found 2 cousins that had been given up for adoption and let's just say we would have been better off not finding them.
onethentwins
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Quoting abbymomof1:

From the little he has told me, he was 5 when it happened his dad took him to live with family and left his mom and 4 younger siblings. He bounced from family member to family member until 17 then he decided he wanted nothing more to do with any of his family. He is now 47 and says its time to at least try. :D

I think that's wonderful . I wish him every success. I assume he has names and dates etc, then he shouldn't have too much trouble.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN