Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Please try to have a presentable bathroom. A vent.

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:03 AM
  • 164 Replies
I stay for a day or two with my parents so the baby can see her grandparents and my SO can rest up for hectic weekends at work. I have two sisters who live at home, ages 25 and 13. There's a guest bedroom upstairs where I sleep and after the baby's fed in the morning, I'll use the shower across the hall. As great as a morning shower is, the bathroom is atrocious.

There are clothes all over the floor. It wouldn't bother me if it was one change of clothes (older sister works nights and showers when she comes home in the morning) but we're talking about a week's worth. The towels aren't put back on the drying hooks and are usually piled in with the clothes. All of this gives off a foul odor. The worst part is getting into the shower. There's ALWAYS a huge clump of hair sitting on the faucet. There's always some in the drain and when I go to pull it out, there's a huge trail of hair coming out. It's gross but I won't shower knowing it's there. All of this hasn't been happening for the past couple of weeks since my daughter has been born. It's been an ongoing thing.

Before your panties are bunched, I have taken down the clothes into our laundry room to be washed and have even started washing them when mom isn't home. When she does see me do this, she tells me to take it back up and she'll have my sisters bring it down. Yeah, they don't. I'm almost tempted to clean the entire bathroom because they're told to do it a number of times when we visit and it isn't done.

That's about it for my vent. I only hope you all have cleaner bathrooms than the one I use.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:06 AM
2 moms liked this

It's amazing how some people can live like pigs. I worked with a girl that would have her dirty underwear laying on her bathroom floor. She never cleaned if she had company.

auntietotty
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

yep..my bathroom is always clean.  My mom's is too.

But Ive been in some that are questionable....nasty toilets that look as if they dont get cleaned, dried toothpaste all over...gross mirrors. (mirrors are a pet peeve of mine), clothes piled up...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:07 AM
3 moms liked this
They are old enough to know better and clean up after themselves. The 25 YO why is she at home? If she can't keep a bathroom clean why let her live there? That would bother me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this

I hear ya. I clean mine 2x a day and I still feel like its not clean. It small tho. For me anyways.

Quoting auntietotty:

yep..my bathroom is always clean.  My mom's is too.

But Ive been in some that are questionable....nasty toilets that look as if they dont get cleaned, dried toothpaste all over...gross mirrors. (mirrors are a pet peeve of mine), clothes piled up...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Yuck. That wouldn't fly in this house. It drives me bonkers when dh gets ready for work in the morning and instead of putting is pajama pants in the dirty clothes or the hook on the back of the door, he tosses them on the foor. I cannot have ONE thing sitting on the floor, let alone that much! Your mom needs to kick their butts into gear.

winkyloafer
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:09 AM
There are definitely worse things I've seen in the bathroom growing up but thankfully, it's stopped since I had moved out.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's amazing how some people can live like pigs. I worked with a girl that would have her dirty underwear laying on her bathroom floor. She never cleaned if she had company.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
winkyloafer
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:10 AM
She's looking to go back to school and finish up her nursing degree.

Quoting Anonymous:

They are old enough to know better and clean up after themselves. The 25 YO why is she at home?
If she can't keep a bathroom clean why let her live there?
That would bother me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Gross. Ya know the one thing I don't understand about messes like that, is its so simple to just keep up. If you pick up your shit at least every other day, it wouldn't be so bad. And how hard is it to run water to rinse out a sink, and hang up towels? Seriously.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
winkyloafer
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:12 AM
She gives my younger sister more Hell over it than my older one since she works a lot to pay for her college tuition. Even then, she still needs to clean!

Quoting Anonymous:

Yuck. That wouldn't fly in this house. It drives me bonkers when dh gets ready for work in the morning and instead of putting is pajama pants in the dirty clothes or the hook on the back of the door, he tosses them on the foor. I cannot have ONE thing sitting on the floor, let alone that much! Your mom needs to kick their butts into gear.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

you got me at hair in the drain

i hate that!

when we first moved into our new home the drain was covered in nasty hair that i had to pull up otherwise the water wouldnt go down, i gagged the whole time. 

blech

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN