Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please try to have a presentable bathroom. A vent.

Posted by   + Show Post
I stay for a day or two with my parents so the baby can see her grandparents and my SO can rest up for hectic weekends at work. I have two sisters who live at home, ages 25 and 13. There's a guest bedroom upstairs where I sleep and after the baby's fed in the morning, I'll use the shower across the hall. As great as a morning shower is, the bathroom is atrocious.

There are clothes all over the floor. It wouldn't bother me if it was one change of clothes (older sister works nights and showers when she comes home in the morning) but we're talking about a week's worth. The towels aren't put back on the drying hooks and are usually piled in with the clothes. All of this gives off a foul odor. The worst part is getting into the shower. There's ALWAYS a huge clump of hair sitting on the faucet. There's always some in the drain and when I go to pull it out, there's a huge trail of hair coming out. It's gross but I won't shower knowing it's there. All of this hasn't been happening for the past couple of weeks since my daughter has been born. It's been an ongoing thing.

Before your panties are bunched, I have taken down the clothes into our laundry room to be washed and have even started washing them when mom isn't home. When she does see me do this, she tells me to take it back up and she'll have my sisters bring it down. Yeah, they don't. I'm almost tempted to clean the entire bathroom because they're told to do it a number of times when we visit and it isn't done.

That's about it for my vent. I only hope you all have cleaner bathrooms than the one I use.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:03 AM
Replies (121-130):
winkyloafer
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this
You've won this round. That's appalling.

Quoting melschlegs:

My ss leaves piss and period blood in the toilet and doesn't flush at my dads house.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melschlegs
The worst mine gets is that maybe there is a tiny glob of toothpaste too high for the water to rinse down or some of my makeup powder gets sprinkled on the counter top. I clean it three times a week, though, so those things rarely stay long.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
winkyloafer
You won this thread.

Quoting gardengirl23:

Yeah well, when I stayed with my father they didn't clean the bed sheets and the dog had it's period and there were traces of blood on the comforter and sand in the bed!  YUCK.  The house smells like dog pee.  It is a million dollar home and it smells like shit. :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melschlegs
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:58 PM
She's a total slob. You go in to her house and there are poopy diapers in the 1 year old's playpen... and I won't even get in to the worst of it.

Quoting winkyloafer:

You've won this round. That's appalling.

Quoting melschlegs:

My ss leaves piss and period blood in the toilet and doesn't flush at my dads house.

gardengirl23
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Woot!  Where do I collect my prize?

Quoting winkyloafer:

You won this thread.

Quoting gardengirl23:

Yeah well, when I stayed with my father they didn't clean the bed sheets and the dog had it's period and there were traces of blood on the comforter and sand in the bed!  YUCK.  The house smells like dog pee.  It is a million dollar home and it smells like shit. :(

melschlegs
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:59 PM
Soooo gross!

Quoting winkyloafer:

You won this thread.

Quoting gardengirl23:

winkyloafer
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:00 PM
It's behind door number two!

Quoting gardengirl23:

Quoting winkyloafer:

You won this thread.

Quoting gardengirl23:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gardengirl23
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:01 PM

O.k. I'll be right back!

Quoting winkyloafer:

It's behind door number two!

Quoting gardengirl23:

Quoting winkyloafer:

You won this thread.

Quoting gardengirl23:

mich.el.le
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:08 PM

My bathroom stays pretty clean, it's a crapshoot if my mirrors are clean though.  For some reason my son thinks it's awesome to spread toothpaste, soap, etc. on the mirrors.  It drives me nuts but I haven't gotten him to stop yet.

The woman in the avi pic is not me, she is my inspiration.  I am a wife, a mother, and an aspiring trainer and nutritionist. I love seeing people get fit and healthy to lead the lives they are meant to live.

exhaustedmother
by Amy on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Yep- I clean my bathroom every day cannot stand a dirty bathroom!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured