Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please try to have a presentable bathroom. A vent.

Posted by   + Show Post
I stay for a day or two with my parents so the baby can see her grandparents and my SO can rest up for hectic weekends at work. I have two sisters who live at home, ages 25 and 13. There's a guest bedroom upstairs where I sleep and after the baby's fed in the morning, I'll use the shower across the hall. As great as a morning shower is, the bathroom is atrocious.

There are clothes all over the floor. It wouldn't bother me if it was one change of clothes (older sister works nights and showers when she comes home in the morning) but we're talking about a week's worth. The towels aren't put back on the drying hooks and are usually piled in with the clothes. All of this gives off a foul odor. The worst part is getting into the shower. There's ALWAYS a huge clump of hair sitting on the faucet. There's always some in the drain and when I go to pull it out, there's a huge trail of hair coming out. It's gross but I won't shower knowing it's there. All of this hasn't been happening for the past couple of weeks since my daughter has been born. It's been an ongoing thing.

Before your panties are bunched, I have taken down the clothes into our laundry room to be washed and have even started washing them when mom isn't home. When she does see me do this, she tells me to take it back up and she'll have my sisters bring it down. Yeah, they don't. I'm almost tempted to clean the entire bathroom because they're told to do it a number of times when we visit and it isn't done.

That's about it for my vent. I only hope you all have cleaner bathrooms than the one I use.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:03 AM
Replies (141-150):
winkyloafer
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this
That reminds me that I have a basket full of cleans that I need to put away. How long ago did this happen? Is he okay?!

Quoting MomofBoys838:

And I almost didn't log onto CafeMom tonight!  Boy did your post ever hit home today!  Although it wasn't my bathroom, it was my bedroom.  And, although it wasn't nasty, it was cluttered with clean clothes that hadn't been put away. 

In the middle of the night my hubby stopped breathing and had a cardiac episode and passed out, falling onto the bed and onto me....I thought he was dead.  I called 911, and within 10 minutes there were 8 police, fire rescue and paramedic personnel in my clothes-cluttered bedroom.  It didn't bother me at the time, but I was mortified later when I thought about it.  I decided that I needed to at least keep things presentable because you never know what the night will bring....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomofBoys838
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:57 PM

It just happened this morning, around 5 am.  He was resting when I left the hospital an hour ago...he had two more episodes of the passing out, but he never stopped breathing again.  They are thinking he may need a defibrillator, since he does a lot of driving, and knowing he could pass out and stop breathing while behind the wheel is unacceptable. 

Trouble is, he has a rare blood clotting disorder, which makes any type of invasive procedure very dangerous.  By the Grace of God, he has been kept from death 5 times in the last year. 

Thank you for asking, and I would welcome any prayers and good vibes you send our way...thank you!!

Quoting winkyloafer:

That reminds me that I have a basket full of cleans that I need to put away. How long ago did this happen? Is he okay?!

Quoting MomofBoys838:

And I almost didn't log onto CafeMom tonight!  Boy did your post ever hit home today!  Although it wasn't my bathroom, it was my bedroom.  And, although it wasn't nasty, it was cluttered with clean clothes that hadn't been put away. 

In the middle of the night my hubby stopped breathing and had a cardiac episode and passed out, falling onto the bed and onto me....I thought he was dead.  I called 911, and within 10 minutes there were 8 police, fire rescue and paramedic personnel in my clothes-cluttered bedroom.  It didn't bother me at the time, but I was mortified later when I thought about it.  I decided that I needed to at least keep things presentable because you never know what the night will bring....

ladybugMarie

winkyloafer
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I hope he's kept far from it for many more years!

Quoting MomofBoys838:

It just happened this morning, around 5 am.  He was resting when I left the hospital an hour ago...he had two more episodes of the passing out, but he never stopped breathing again.  They are thinking he may need a defibrillator, since he does a lot of driving, and knowing he could pass out and stop breathing while behind the wheel is unacceptable. 

Trouble is, he has a rare blood clotting disorder, which makes any type of invasive procedure very dangerous.  By the Grace of God, he has been kept from death 5 times in the last year. 

Thank you for asking, and I would welcome any prayers and good vibes you send our way...thank you!!

Quoting winkyloafer:

Quoting MomofBoys838:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomofBoys838
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Thank you.

Quoting winkyloafer:

I hope he's kept far from it for many more years!

Quoting MomofBoys838:

Quoting winkyloafer:

Quoting MomofBoys838:

ladybugMarie

meparty
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 12:56 AM

I would use a different bathroom.

knkd
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 12:56 AM

My kids bathroom gets like that pretty much every day.  I pick it up or make them- but I don't sweat it.  We live in our house, we're busy people.  It's life.

babyboy117
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:51 AM

That's gross. Maybe just clean it one good time and tell everybody they need to stop being disgusting and pick up after themselves. I spray down my shower and tub after I am done bathing and wipe it down. Then that way it stays clean and I never have to scrub soap scum that has been sititng there for a week.

WesAndNicksMom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Mine gets cleaned once a week, usually on Sundays, so if you come to visit unexpectedly on Saturday, it's probably not pristine.  I won't stand for clothes on the floor and crap in the drains though.  I mostly just have to wipe everything down since I'm pretty strict about everyone cleaning up after themselves.  I've learned that it's much easier to enforce rules about hygeine than to try to clean up after 4 people daily lol.

stickyfingers
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 3:58 AM

people are gross. my son is like that...

Leobaby2007
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 7:40 AM

Ugh. I love it how people think only boys/men live like pigs- some girls do too! I had a roommate like that once. It was NOT pleasant.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured