Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please try to have a presentable bathroom. A vent.

Posted by   + Show Post
I stay for a day or two with my parents so the baby can see her grandparents and my SO can rest up for hectic weekends at work. I have two sisters who live at home, ages 25 and 13. There's a guest bedroom upstairs where I sleep and after the baby's fed in the morning, I'll use the shower across the hall. As great as a morning shower is, the bathroom is atrocious.

There are clothes all over the floor. It wouldn't bother me if it was one change of clothes (older sister works nights and showers when she comes home in the morning) but we're talking about a week's worth. The towels aren't put back on the drying hooks and are usually piled in with the clothes. All of this gives off a foul odor. The worst part is getting into the shower. There's ALWAYS a huge clump of hair sitting on the faucet. There's always some in the drain and when I go to pull it out, there's a huge trail of hair coming out. It's gross but I won't shower knowing it's there. All of this hasn't been happening for the past couple of weeks since my daughter has been born. It's been an ongoing thing.

Before your panties are bunched, I have taken down the clothes into our laundry room to be washed and have even started washing them when mom isn't home. When she does see me do this, she tells me to take it back up and she'll have my sisters bring it down. Yeah, they don't. I'm almost tempted to clean the entire bathroom because they're told to do it a number of times when we visit and it isn't done.

That's about it for my vent. I only hope you all have cleaner bathrooms than the one I use.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:03 AM
Replies (151-160):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 2, 2012 at 7:43 AM

My sister lives with my Mom, is 31 and works part time, and has her daughter half time (who is two).  Granted she normally works on the days she doesnt have her daughter, BUT the bathroom she uses at my Mom's is also a guest bathroom. It is always a disaster when I go over there. Junk everywhere on the counter, clothes on the floor, no soap for you to wash your hands with. it si crazy. I really dont see why my mom puts up with it. I am thinking about next time i go over there putting soap in the bathroom.

SharonHernandez
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 7:48 AM
I hate when there's no towels in the bathroom to dry your hands after you wash them, or when the damn mirrors are dirty.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
luvmymunchkins3
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 7:51 AM
ugh my mother bathroom is disgustion and its one of many reason we dont go over she will have cat shit in the tub,pee on the seat.its just all around freaking gross
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SWasson
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:16 AM

Before reading this post I was thinking, "oh, I bet she's just really persnickety." I take that back. Your sisters are pigs.

Oddy_Knocky
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:32 AM
At 13 & 25 having a bathroom is not only lazy but unhygienic. Yikes!

My daughter's (17) bathroom is scrubbed down, by her, every Sunday and she keeps it pretty neat throughout the week.

I couldn't tolerate what you described.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 2, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Sounds like the bathrooms at my in-law's house.  One more reason I hate going there.  They leave clothes and towels on the floor.  How hard is it not to leave pee on the toilet lid or to use the toilet brush and clean off all the skidmarks or black bacteria streaks on the bowl?   But the one that still takes the cake for me was when they stopped by our house on their way back from another state and decided to use our bathroom before finishing the last leg of their journey back to where they live, another hour from here.  One of them left sh*t stains on our roll of toilet paper.  It wasn't a huge streak but big enough to be seen.  I swear pigs are cleaner.

clearlyme
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:21 AM
I can't stand a messy and dirty bathroom. It is my mom's pet peeve,too. When I was dating my dh, I would clean the bathroom before I slept over because I refuse to use a nasty bathroom. I love to relax in the shower and that kind of mess just ruins it.
mary841108
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:32 AM

i'm weird about bathrooms, always have been lol. when i was little like 2 or 3 and my mom would take us to visit people the first thing i would do was go into the bathroom and see what it was like, if it was dirty or smelled i would cry until my mom took me home lol. to this day if i go somewhere and the bathroom is gross i'll hold it for as long as i can. my bathroom...spotless lol ewww bathrooms need to be really really clean thats where all the really dirty stuff of the day happens lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:38 AM
Let me be the first to tell you, nurses are the biggest pigs I know,

Quoting winkyloafer:

She's looking to go back to school and finish up her nursing degree.

Quoting Anonymous:

They are old enough to know better and clean up after themselves. The 25 YO why is she at home?

If she can't keep a bathroom clean why let her live there?

That would bother me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:30 AM

I live 400 miles from my dad. We came to town over the summer and stayed with him part of the time and with my mom part of the time. There is a bathroom in the master bedroom (immaculate, shower stall only) and the secondary bathroom that my 29 year old step-sister who lives at home uses. She is the same way, completely trashes the room, leaves stuff everywhere, and never cleans. So step-mom was yelling at her daughter to clean the room so my kids could take a bath and my step-sister was huffy and annoyed. Why should she have to clean the bathroom? Lol. I ended up bleaching the tub, it was so gross. Haha.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured