Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Please try to have a presentable bathroom. A vent.

Posted by   + Show Post
I stay for a day or two with my parents so the baby can see her grandparents and my SO can rest up for hectic weekends at work. I have two sisters who live at home, ages 25 and 13. There's a guest bedroom upstairs where I sleep and after the baby's fed in the morning, I'll use the shower across the hall. As great as a morning shower is, the bathroom is atrocious.

There are clothes all over the floor. It wouldn't bother me if it was one change of clothes (older sister works nights and showers when she comes home in the morning) but we're talking about a week's worth. The towels aren't put back on the drying hooks and are usually piled in with the clothes. All of this gives off a foul odor. The worst part is getting into the shower. There's ALWAYS a huge clump of hair sitting on the faucet. There's always some in the drain and when I go to pull it out, there's a huge trail of hair coming out. It's gross but I won't shower knowing it's there. All of this hasn't been happening for the past couple of weeks since my daughter has been born. It's been an ongoing thing.

Before your panties are bunched, I have taken down the clothes into our laundry room to be washed and have even started washing them when mom isn't home. When she does see me do this, she tells me to take it back up and she'll have my sisters bring it down. Yeah, they don't. I'm almost tempted to clean the entire bathroom because they're told to do it a number of times when we visit and it isn't done.

That's about it for my vent. I only hope you all have cleaner bathrooms than the one I use.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:03 AM
Replies (21-30):
itsm3
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:26 AM

i absolutely CANNOT go into a nasty bathroom.  i've had to use my share of nasty bathrooms in college (living with 5 guys it was damn near impossible to keep that clean so i had to lock them out of the upstairs bathroom and banish them to the downstairs one), i certainly don't need that i my house.  

when there's hair and pubes and nasty shit all over the place, i will not set foot into it.  if there's nasty black mildrew shit in the shower, i will not shower in it.  the first thing i do in any hottel room i stay in is go straight to the bathroom and check everything out.  if it's nasty or looks dirty, i change rooms.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:31 AM

my parents house is the same exact way but worse. They have mold and lime scale etc all in the shower, sinks etc. the sink is a always a mess, towels and clothes everywhere. I have tried to clean it but it really all needs to be replaced and ripped out.  I say it all the time I dont understand how they can feel clean after coming out of the shower. A clean bathroom is my pet peeve as well. I have 2 kids and still manage to keep it clean.  My brother and sister are 22 and 20. and my parents are in thier 50's. dont now how they do it. 

Rlmama00
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:33 AM
When I was in high school my parents added a bathroom on the second floor. My brother is the only one who still lives at home and its basically his bathroom now. It's the nastiest thing ever. I blame my mom for allowing it. It's her house. Either make him clean if or do it yourself but don't let anyplace in your house turn into a filth hole. There's mold, dust caked onto potpurri i put out in the early 90's, nothing has been cleaned in years. Its so disgusting. My brother is special needs btw, probably would be diagnosed autistic by today's standards. So it's not as simple as the typical adult child living home.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
XJetX
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:35 AM
That's really just nasty
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizmartinez
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:35 AM
That's my 17 year old sister. We visited a month ago and I cleaned the bathroom and did the laundry. It makes my mom so upset to see a part of her otherwise clean home completely disgusting. My sister still thinks a maid cleaned the bathroom and did the laundry. When we visited for Thanksgiving it was back to its usual gross state. She goes to college next fall. Hopefully she realizes then she has to clean up after herself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyMommy24
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:36 AM

I would just clean it if I were you. 

AM-BRAT
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Don't stay there.

Momof5kids84
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:40 AM
That so gross. When we had a dog, I scrubbed the tub out. I'm not bathing after a nasty ass dog.

Quoting Anonymous:

the crazy dog and cat lady lived in our house before us

there was human dog and cat hair in the drain. Kitty litter in the vents and dog hair in the freezer

it was weird. 

Quoting winkyloafer:

There was some in our drain when we moved into a larger apartment. Nothing compared to what I yanked out this morning, though!

Quoting Anonymous:

you got me at hair in the drain

i hate that!

when we first moved into our new home the drain was covered in nasty hair that i had to pull up otherwise the water wouldnt go down, i gagged the whole time. 

blech

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Hugs.  I'm anal about ours.  I have long hair and one of my peeves is hair in the shower/drain. 

LanaTsunami
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:43 AM
Fuck that. I would just dump their clothes right in front of their doors and make it obvious that shit needs to be cleaned. If they don't like it, TOO BAD TOO SAD
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)