Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please try to have a presentable bathroom. A vent.

Posted by   + Show Post
I stay for a day or two with my parents so the baby can see her grandparents and my SO can rest up for hectic weekends at work. I have two sisters who live at home, ages 25 and 13. There's a guest bedroom upstairs where I sleep and after the baby's fed in the morning, I'll use the shower across the hall. As great as a morning shower is, the bathroom is atrocious.

There are clothes all over the floor. It wouldn't bother me if it was one change of clothes (older sister works nights and showers when she comes home in the morning) but we're talking about a week's worth. The towels aren't put back on the drying hooks and are usually piled in with the clothes. All of this gives off a foul odor. The worst part is getting into the shower. There's ALWAYS a huge clump of hair sitting on the faucet. There's always some in the drain and when I go to pull it out, there's a huge trail of hair coming out. It's gross but I won't shower knowing it's there. All of this hasn't been happening for the past couple of weeks since my daughter has been born. It's been an ongoing thing.

Before your panties are bunched, I have taken down the clothes into our laundry room to be washed and have even started washing them when mom isn't home. When she does see me do this, she tells me to take it back up and she'll have my sisters bring it down. Yeah, they don't. I'm almost tempted to clean the entire bathroom because they're told to do it a number of times when we visit and it isn't done.

That's about it for my vent. I only hope you all have cleaner bathrooms than the one I use.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:03 AM
Replies (61-70):
mkh615
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 3:53 PM

My almost 24 yr old sister is the same way. She also lives with my mom and her bedroom and bathroom are a disaster. I've just accepted it. There is no changing that kid.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

LuLuThatsWho
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 3:55 PM

My house has one full bathroom.  My three boys (ages 30 years, 4 years, and 23 months) do not make keeping it clean easy for me.  It is rarely super clean (though I did deep clean it today, actually!), but it is never so bad that it is not presentable or usable for guests.

The one big embarrassing downfall when a guest asks to use the bathroom... the toilet is often unflushed.  My 4 year old forgets occasionally, and my 23 month old is potty-training and forgets most of the time.

GhettoKoolAide
by Nuggy's Cult Mistres on Dec. 1, 2012 at 3:56 PM
Awe poor wittle chicken butt!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
winkyloafer
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 4:05 PM
There's one downstairs but it's usually occupied when I'm ready to shower. I love a good fresh-outta-bed shower!

Quoting mommytoeandb:

Is there another bathroom you could use?  Unfortunately, this will only stop if your parents see it as an issue.  Frankly, I would clean it and give that to them as their Christmas present.  LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
winkyloafer
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I have a couple of times when my mom isn't home. She doesn't think I should and she'll get on my younger sister about cleaning it ASAP but when I'm not visiting, blech.

Quoting LovelyMommy24:

I would just clean it if I were you. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
winkyloafer
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 4:08 PM
I put the hair on the older sister's pillow when I lived there.

Quoting LanaTsunami:

Fuck that. I would just dump their clothes right in front of their doors and make it obvious that shit needs to be cleaned. If they don't like it, TOO BAD TOO SAD

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
winkyloafer
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 4:09 PM
I didn't have any in mine for a couple of months (My forgetful ass) but I'd scrub my hands with Dawn in the kitchen. :x

Quoting Anonymous:

I hate when people don't have hand soap in their bathroom. I can't wash my hands and then I know that they don't wash theirs, either. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
winkyloafer
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm just glad I don't live at home for this reason alone, as silly as it seems. That and they take up ALL THE HOT WATER.

Quoting Byrd15:

Yeah I understand the frustration.

Sounds like my neighbors one bathroom but not nearly as bad..... I now refuse to go more than half way up the stairs because of the smell. Lol.

I would definetly clean it if I were you, and tell them both if they don't keep it clean you'll lock it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
winkyloafer
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 4:13 PM
I go not only so he can have one night of sleep but also so she can see her grandparents. Her grandfather is only home on Saturdays and as horrendous as the bathroom is, it isn't a valid reason to avoid letting my parents see their only grandchild.

Quoting Anonymous:

Cant you stay at home with your husband? He signed up to be a father too. That is BULLSHIT. You are married with a child and you have to go stay at mommy and daddy's house? WTF is wrong with you. Put on your big girl panties and grab your husband by the balls and both of you grow up. It isnt your house. YOU DONT HAVE TO GO OVER!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 4:13 PM
My BIL, 23, is a pig. He doesn't clean the bathroom next to his bedroom (he just moved away for school but has been living at home for awhile). I went down there to use it because the upstairs one was occupied....never again. There is shit all over it and I gag going near that bathroom. He left it and his nasty smelling bedroom for his mom to clean up. He wants to be married by the time he's 25...lmao, that poor woman.

Quoting Anonymous:

They are old enough to know better and clean up after themselves. The 25 YO why is she at home?
If she can't keep a bathroom clean why let her live there?
That would bother me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured