Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birth Certificate Confession

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

When my Daughter was 7 month old I legally had her last name changed back to mine from her fathers. He had ditched us and denied being her father and never wanted anything to do with her. I never told him he was never legally on her BC. I wrote him as the father on there but he never showed up to sign the paperwork to make it offical so they never placed him on her BC. I did give him the paperwork 3 times to be on the BC all he had to do was fill in his part and send it in. I even put up the money for the fee to do it.  Well after that we had a huge fallout and he left i didnt hear from him for months. So when things started rolling around to get paperwork and stuff done I had alot of issues seeing her las name was not the same as mine. So I decided to change it back to mine I didnt need his persmisson seeing he was never on the BC.

When my daughter was almost 2 he started comming around at first I didnt want him to have anything to do with her but the more I thought about it I knew she needed her dad around and slowly I started letting him take her. Now we have fixed everything and we talked he told me he relized that he wanted us in his life and would like to make thing better between us. We went on dates and then started dating now.  We are planning to move to New jersey and get married in a year. He want to be on my daughter BC and still dont know that I changed her last name back to mine.

I thinking about telling him I changed her last name but I also wanna know will they allow me to change her last name back to his when we get married or before.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 1, 2012 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Homeschoolmom99
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 1:23 PM

I think your going to need to just to tell him and deal with it. I hope he really has changed

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 1, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

I think your going to need to just to tell him and deal with it. I hope he really has changed

I am planning on telling him but I also wanna be able to tell him hey it can be changed back when we married . I just emailed the vital satistic office seeing if they can help me.

Diamepphyre
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Shouldn't be a problem, will probably be the same process you went through to have it changed in the first place.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured