Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A dead beat dad?
Most people refer to a dead beat dad as someone who does not pay child support. Now most fathers are forced by the state to pay child support if they have a job and of course can be found.
Most woman I know complain their kids father is a dead beat dad cause the haven't received a dime in years. I know a guy who is unemployed cause he lost his job due to his own stupidity and still hasn't found another, not that he isn't trying. He goes to his exs house every day and night to spend time with his 2 boys and puts them to bed. Yet she complains he is a dead beat, but the other 2 kids she has by 2 other men don't do anything for their kids.
I get child support, of course it's forced by the state. I am a money grubbing whore to my ex, so he calls me cause I believe he should support his kids.
I divorced him after 10 years of marriage he refuses to spend anytime with the kids are do anything beyond what child support does for them. That's a dead beat dad to me. I guess I would prefer my children to have a father in their lives then the money, but that was a choice he made..well not really, cause cs is forced.
So what is your take on a dead beat? I believe they come in many forms but most see it just for financial reasons.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 6:23 PM
Replies (11-20):
BEXi
by BEXi on Dec. 1, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Yup! He is skilled in window tinting, so its easy for him to post ads on stuff like CL and do it like freelance work.

Quoting wodntulk2kno1:

I don't get how so many people work under the table these days. It's hard enough to find employment for most people these days!

Quoting BEXi:

My sons biofather cheated on me when my son was 6 months old. I left, two weeks later found out I was pregnant again. He didnt accept our second son, even though paternity test proved otherwise. I havent seen a penny in almost 2 years. He fled the state and works under the table to avoid being caught. My kids dont even know he exists.

Syphon
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 6:37 PM
2 moms liked this

Uninvolved both financially and emotionally

wodntulk2kno1
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this
That's crazy! But people always find ways to avoid paying. It catches up to them in the long run!

Quoting BEXi:

Yup! He is skilled in window tinting, so its easy for him to post ads on stuff like CL and do it like freelance work.

Quoting wodntulk2kno1:

I don't get how so many people work under the table these days. It's hard enough to find employment for most people these days!

Quoting BEXi:

My sons biofather cheated on me when my son was 6 months old. I left, two weeks later found out I was pregnant again. He didnt accept our second son, even though paternity test proved otherwise. I havent seen a penny in almost 2 years. He fled the state and works under the table to avoid being caught. My kids dont even know he exists.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 6:39 PM

I totally agree with you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 1, 2012 at 6:39 PM
Ill never understand why they even make the plans, just to not show up anyway.

Quoting ms.sophsmom:

IMO a dead beat is a dad who works but pays no child support. Doesnt help with holidays or food... Nothing. But he has loads of money for himself, booze, drugs, eating out and cant even spare a few bucks for diapers. A dead beat is selfish.. Makes plans to see the child bt makes excuses why he cant or just blows of the child completely... Etc... As everyones situation is different.
wodntulk2kno1
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this
No I don't get it either. Being a child who's parents divorced early, it would break my heart when my dad would cancel plans we had. Now as an adult I realize what kind of man my dad really is and has always been.. A selfish bastard! Thank god for my mom always being there to make it better.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ms.sophsmom:

IMO a dead beat is a dad who works but pays no child support. Doesnt help with holidays or food... Nothing. But he has loads of money for himself, booze, drugs, eating out and cant even spare a few bucks for diapers. A dead beat is selfish.. Makes plans to see the child bt makes excuses why he cant or just blows of the child completely... Etc... As everyones situation is different.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms.sophsmom
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 6:44 PM
Right? They break their childrens hearts and prove how unreliable they are going to be. I mean.. If there is an actual emergency fine. But notify the ex/child. But every week? Every time its ur visit time?? Bullshit.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ms.sophsmom:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wodntulk2kno1
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 6:46 PM
I don't even notify my ex with an emergency anymore! He isn't considered any other time what his kids are doing!

Quoting ms.sophsmom:

Right? They break their childrens hearts and prove how unreliable they are going to be. I mean.. If there is an actual emergency fine. But notify the ex/child. But every week? Every time its ur visit time?? Bullshit.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ms.sophsmom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 6:49 PM

My sons father, he hasn't tried to see him since he was 2, even before then only came by 4 times. He does usually pay child support. Haven't gotten any in the last 5 months though.

Luckly my husbanb is a wonderful dad to my son and has been since we got together when he was 10 months old. Well he didn't help much till a little older when we had been together for a while. But he has been in his life since then and is the only dad my son knows

melonieb
by Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 6:51 PM

My husband pays child support for his two kids. Thier mothers are unemployeed, and living off the governement. Heaven forbid my hubby misses a payment due to anything or doesnt get the girls on certain weekends. they will take him back to court in a heartbeat. he is currently raises my kids as his own and the ex's are very unhappy that he is helping me. They had their chances with him and they blew it and now they are out for revenge. Oh yeah forgot to mention i do not recieve child support for my children. i refused it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured