Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

13 Day Old Baby Please Help! Small Update

Posted by   + Show Post

Well my little man finally made his debut Nov 18 but sadly enough we have spent 6 of his 13 days in the PICU at Childrens.  I wanted to ask the kind hearted Mommas in the group to please pray for my peanut.  He has RSV and isnt able to breathe on his own.  Hes been through so much the last 6 days from spinal tap to arterial (sp?) blood gas draws.  Hes so tired and my nerves are shot, I cant sleep at all for watching him to make sure hes still breathing.  Please can you guys keep him in your prayers for me? Im having such a hard time with this because I feel like I did something wrong as a Mommy. Ugh its beginning to take a toll on me :( Thanks ladies!

*My Avatar picture is my monster, it was taken this morning*

Okay so the team of Drs came in a few minutes ago and talked about what is going on.  Apparently my little guy has a mixture of things going on.  He has acid reflux which is constricting his airway when it acts up which in turn is making it even harder for him to breathe on his own.  They are going to start weaning him down from his oxygen to see at what rate (lowest possible) he starts to have trouble at.  As it stands now hes using a liter and a half to stay at 100 percent sat rate.  They just cut it by half and his rate dropped to about 94 and as low as 86 when he eats or coughs.  Theyre also suctioning out the mucus in his nasal passages and what not, gross to say the least I didnt know a newborn could hold that much goop lol.  Hes picking his appetite back up and doing decently with that. So as of right now its just a waiting game to see how he is going to do.  I more than deeply appreciate all of your prayers and thoughts guys seriously it means the world to me.  His Daddy is here and giving me a break so I can get a few hours sleep.  Ill update again in the AM after the Drs come back.

by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 8:47 PM
Replies (21-30):
AkashaGermaine
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Good thoughts and vibes to you and your sweet little one. I know it's hard but realize this is not your fault. Nothing you did could have caused this. And if you don't take a little care for yourself now, when he's better you'll be even more rundown.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sweetmissy_05
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 8:56 PM

I am praying!!

Momoftwinkies
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 8:57 PM
Sending prayers to you amd peanut.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vamaria
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 8:58 PM

sending prayers!

r_luvli
by Stacey on Dec. 1, 2012 at 8:59 PM
Lots of good juju coming your little guy's way.
3lilmonsters88
by Carolina Sky on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:01 PM
I call my kids my monsters. Its a term of endearment for most.

Quoting melisawoosley:

Your monster? Anyway... i hope the best for your little guy! When they're so little everything is scary!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tarakay0417
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:01 PM
I will be praying for your LO.
momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:02 PM

prayers for your peanut op, hang in there

3lilmonsters88
by Carolina Sky on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:02 PM
Many prayers to you and your peanut
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Diamepphyre
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Oh, honey, I've been there.  My heart goes out to you.  Hang in there and we'll keep the good thoughts and prayers headed up for you and your little guy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured