Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Baby names

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 186 Replies
2 moms liked this
Why is it the major trend to spell common names so crazy? My friend named her son Jaxun and then just now I saw the post that is Aleksander? The names are nice names but spelled odd. If you did this or will do it, did you think about as they get older and become professionals? Anyone can deny it but there is a first impression when a name is read. If there was a doctor or lawyer with the name Aleksander I'd honestly skip over that one. I know everyone is different but we named our son a n ame that would be taken seriously. I've had this conversation with many people from different backgrounds and cultures. The only reason I've been given is they wanted them to be different.

I can definitely understand culturally different. The wacky tacky I'm talking about. :)

I read replies of the Aleksander post and I had no idea it was Russian, however MOST of the wacky names are just people spelling them oddly

OTHER NAMES

Jessykah
Mykal
Lynsey
Lauryn
Mckenzie
Lyinziey
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:18 PM
I picked culturally different names personally. Not wacky tacky ones :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nellyb118
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:20 PM
I don't understand that trend either. And I feel bad for the kid who will forever have his name misspelled.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:21 PM
I can definitely understand culturally different. The wacky tacky I'm talking about. :)

I read replies of the Aleksander post and I had no idea it was Russian, however MOST of the wacky names are just people spelling them oddly

Quoting bustybee:

I picked culturally different names personally. Not wacky tacky ones :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:23 PM
The Jaxun name for my friends son was because she liked the name Jackson but her hubby didnt. He told her only if he could spell it, so he did Jaxun. I was like wth?!

Quoting nellyb118:

I don't understand that trend either. And I feel bad for the kid who will forever have his name misspelled.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:24 PM
I'm sort of guilty. Its not set in stone yet though because baby isn't here yet, but its not that odd if a name. Lol. But usually those professionals use their last names.
Makenseysmom
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:26 PM
My daughter is Makensey : / Her middle name is Elizabeth and it looked funny with the two z's.
nellyb118
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:26 PM
I always hope they at least give the kid a decent middle name so he/she can go by it instead if they want! lol
And Jaxun is pretty terrible! :(

Quoting Anonymous:

The Jaxun name for my friends son was because she liked the name Jackson but her hubby didnt. He told her only if he could spell it, so he did Jaxun. I was like wth?!

Quoting nellyb118:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:27 PM
They use them when someone says Dr. Smith but written on paper, in insurance directories and on the doors of the offices it says Dr. Mykal Smith.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sort of guilty. Its not set in stone yet though because baby isn't here yet, but its not that odd if a name. Lol. But usually those professionals use their last names.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Isn't Aleksander the russian spelling of Alexander?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:28 PM
Yep! Luckily his middle is Peyton

Quoting nellyb118:

I always hope they at least give the kid a decent middle name so he/she can go by it instead if they want! lol

And Jaxun is pretty terrible! :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting nellyb118:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)