Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Stopping birth control a week early? really stupid but need to know question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

If you stop birth control a week early would you get af early i ask because i missed 2 pill's and i remember from my ttc days that a cervix can be high soft and closed well mine is high soft and the opening feel's flat and closed...kind of hoping i can see if i get af or if i miss af early.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
xixCandyxix
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Usually yes your period comes early in this cases, because it's not a true period, it's caused by the withdrawal of the hormones in the active pills.

Edit I think you would have to miss more than 2 pills though. Sex probably isn't safe without backup right now though.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:24 PM
This exactly

Quoting xixCandyxix:

Usually yes your period comes early in this cases, because it's not a true period, it's caused by the withdrawal of the hormones in the active pills.

Edit I think you would have to miss more than 2 pills though. Sex probably isn't safe without backup right now though.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Hubby and i where stupid and in the moment it was our ann..i should have gone to get the plan B but i have heard so many horror stories about it

Quoting xixCandyxix:

brittany208
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:29 PM

i think it can. It is also likely to be irregular for a bit while your body learns to regular itself again. I wouldn't have unprotected sex bc it is possible you could get pregnant.

xixCandyxix
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Well you have 1 of 2 options at this point, you can either NOT TAKE the pills for another 5 days, so 7 altogether as you usually would, and you should get the usual pill period....Or double up on pills for 2 days so that you take the ones you missed, and get it next week...

Quoting Anonymous:

Hubby and i where stupid and in the moment it was our ann..i should have gone to get the plan B but i have heard so many horror stories about it

Quoting xixCandyxix:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:35 PM

If you have missed several it is best to wait until the following sunday and start a new pack. Throw the old one away. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)