Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

People without autistic children..

Posted by   + Show Post

shoud shut the hell up with how to raise them better.  Unless you are a parent with an autistic child, you're clueless.

by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:35 PM
Replies (21-30):
ashleighmama
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:47 PM
I dont have an autistic child, but I DO agree with you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ittybit2012
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this
My children don't have autism. I wouldn't give an autistic child's parent advice. As the OP stated, I'm clueless about that. I would think that some parenting strategies I use would be useless to them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Then don't put your child in a situation they're going to freak out in. Not my problem if your kid is having a meltdown but please remove them from the situation so don't bother other people. As a mother with no autistic children even when my child is having a bad day or over tired or whatever he is going through that day I don't drag him around with him to provoke misbehavior.

Liyoness
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:50 PM
Yes and no.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamabear55
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Then don't put your child in a situation they're going to freak out in. Not my problem if your kid is having a meltdown but please remove them from the situation so don't bother other people. As a mother with no autistic children even when my child is having a bad day or over tired or whatever he is going through that day I don't drag him around with him to provoke misbehavior.

good point since I know 100% of the time what will set him off and when.  It must be awesome knowing everything, huh?

sweetfox3
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

My kids ARE autistic and I say the same.  I do my darnedest to not set them up for failure.

Liyoness
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:53 PM
It sounds like you're saying never to take them out because they might bother someone.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamabear55
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this

That's awesome!  I wish I could give you a medal.  You have just proved everyone wrong by proving that all kids with autism are exactly the same! 

I'm impressed!

Quoting sweetfox3:

Quoting Anonymous:

My kids ARE autistic and I say the same.  I do my darnedest to not set them up for failure.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Because every parent with an autistic child is a perfect parent? 

mamabear55
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Also, something bothering my child, I don't see as a "failure"

Quoting sweetfox3:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)