Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

People without autistic children..

Posted by   + Show Post

shoud shut the hell up with how to raise them better.  Unless you are a parent with an autistic child, you're clueless.

by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:35 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:56 PM

I've recently seen a post on here where a woman was complaining her autistic son is loud noise sensitive and she got pissed that someone rudely for her to move. I've met people with autistic children and some plainly don't care what sets them off. Is it annoying for people to shop and listen to a screaming child who are still learning to control and discuss how they are feeling? ABSOLUTELY.  I was a kids clothing store manager and I've seen mentally disabled children, autistic and other children with other issues and some parents completely do not care because they "need to get their shopping done".

I am not saying this applies to every autistic child parent but it does apply to some. I don't want to liste nto a normal kid scream that isn't mine and i've ditched grocery shopping carts and other shopping stuff just to avoid a meltdown in the middle of a store so I wouldn't piss off other shoppers. No one should suffer if you don't put yourself in those situations with your children.

Quoting mamabear55:

Quoting Anonymous:

Then don't put your child in a situation they're going to freak out in. Not my problem if your kid is having a meltdown but please remove them from the situation so don't bother other people. As a mother with no autistic children even when my child is having a bad day or over tired or whatever he is going through that day I don't drag him around with him to provoke misbehavior.

good point since I know 100% of the time what will set him off and when.  It must be awesome knowing everything, huh?

mamabear55
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:57 PM

.....did I say that?

Quoting Anonymous:

Because every parent with an autistic child is a perfect parent? 

knoxmomof2
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:57 PM

You must be a parent of an autistic child :) AGREE with this 100%!

mom2hadley
by Heather on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:57 PM
I agree 100%
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:58 PM

read my reply to mamabear on the next page about what i think about the situation. I am not saying every parent does it.

Quoting Liyoness:

It sounds like you're saying never to take them out because they might bother someone.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then don't put your child in a situation they're going to freak out in. Not my problem if your kid is having a meltdown but please remove them from the situation so don't bother other people. As a mother with no autistic children even when my child is having a bad day or over tired or whatever he is going through that day I don't drag him around with him to provoke misbehavior.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Must be that crystal ball of hers.

Quoting mamabear55:

Quoting Anonymous:

good point since I know 100% of the time what will set him off and when.  It must be awesome knowing everything, huh?

acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:58 PM
2 moms liked this

Ds is high functioning and doesn't misbehave. He just went on his first sleep over last night and didn't even take his ADHD meds with him. He behaved beautifully. 

The same way with neuro-typical children, what may work for one child may not work for the other in discipline. Do some people make excuses for a child's misbehavior? Yes, but that does not mean that every parent who has an autistic child does not use discipline tactics to encourage good behavior or that every parent uses the diagnosis as an excuse to not teach their child. 

Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Well.  I have adopted my Autistic nephew.  Therefore I am not clueless.

I think parents of Autistic children feel entilted for everything to be her way.  THe world should revolve around their child(ren) but at the same time they should be treated exactly the same

mamabear55
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 12:00 AM

I have a son who was diagnosed with classic autism at 2 and with high functioning autism at 3

Quoting knoxmomof2:

You must be a parent of an autistic child :) AGREE with this 100%!

marihla
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 12:00 AM

This goes for pretty much damn near everything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN