Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Was I being unreasonable?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
My 19 month old and I live with an EX of mine, it's temporary but we have no where else to go. We share a room. His dog keeps going in our room and chewing out stuff. (we have to keep the door open because there's no heat in the room. I have asked my mom to get my tall baby gate from storage so I can put it up and keep him out.) it was all small stuff so I complained and let to go. ($15 pair of boots, $20 pair of jeans, and a few small toys.) so Friday, he was out all day and so were we. Well when my daughter and I came home, the dog had broke out of his crate AGAIN. (plastic crate for a pit bull, duh he's ganna break it!) he had gone in our room and chewed apart a $60 toddler couch and her $60 bitty baby doll. I was PISSED! When he came home I told him he needed to replace them. He said he didn't have the money. So I said fine, I'll take $100 off the rent. He FLIPPED! He says it's my fault, the room should be cleaned up, (couch on the floor obviously, and the doll was on our bed. He literally laid on our bed and chewed apart her doll.) and a bunch of other bull. I told him if he needs to take better care of the dog. (he cant afford the dog, and he's never home so the poor thing is always in the crate.) so, am I being unreasonable expecting him to take responsibility and replace the things HIS dog ruined? he's now kicking us out, wants us out for Monday, and as I've said, we have no where else to go, and there's snow on the ground.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:44 AM
He has to evict you first. it takes months.
tinkerbelle18
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:45 AM

I think you're right. I'd feel the same way you feel. Best of luck. Hopefully everything works out for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:45 AM
We haves verbal agreement. I know in my state (MA) verbal agreements stand up, but I don't know the timeline, and if I have to pay rent during that time I won't have money for a new place.

Quoting Anonymous:

He has to evict you first. it takes months.

HousewifeNina
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:47 AM
Whether or not you were being unreasonable isnt important at this point. You need to focus on how to word your apology to.avoid being.homeless.with you toddler.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:48 AM
Is there a reason you can't live with your mom?

Go to a woman's shelter. Sorry I'm not sure how one never has anywhere to go. I left home at 16 and have always had a place to stay.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Why can't you stay with your mom?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:49 AM

this and contact the town social services director monday and tell them you are homeless with a toddler, and see if they can help or point you in the right direction

Quoting HousewifeNina:

Whether or not you were being unreasonable isnt important at this point. You need to focus on how to word your apology to.avoid being.homeless.with you toddler.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:50 AM
I could send my daughter to my moms if I have to, but my mom and I just got out of court case of her trying to take my daughter from me. Obviously if she has to go there she will, but it scares me. I have no family there for me and no friends.

Quoting Anonymous:

Is there a reason you can't live with your mom?

Go to a woman's shelter. Sorry I'm not sure how one never has anywhere to go. I left home at 16 and have always had a place to stay.

illinoismommy83
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Two choices:

1) Say sorry, admit being fully in the wrong (even if you don't believe it), keep living there if he lets you.

2) Find a new place, possibly a homeless shelter for now.

Neither choice will bring your stuff back. You don't need heat when not there so you could shut the door when you leave. You can get a portable heater and/or a baby gate for less than $20.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:51 AM
My daughter can, but not me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why can't you stay with your mom?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN