Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think people who drink are bad parents. s/o of I think smokers are bad parents. EDIT

Posted by   + Show Post

I dont see the difference between smoking and drinking. Alcohol is a poison,thats why you have to pee alot when you drink, your body knows its a poison and telling your body to get it out. It destroys your liver and parents do it even though they know its bad for them. So whats the difference? What makes smoking so much worse for you than alcohol. Im not a drinker and I quit smoking, Im not against any of them as my huband does both, but if you are going to make a post acting like smoking is the devil you shpouldnt exclude alcohol, its just as bad.

Since people cant read, I not against drinking, Im saying drinking is just as bad as smoking. If you drink I dont think you have any room to tell smokers they are bad parents, like the post yesterday.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/17684134/People_who_smoke_are_not_good_parents?ct=search_grouppost

There is the orignal post! FFS I was just making a damn point. I wont make a spin off post anymore since no one knows how to read and bitches at me from the title!

I see its pointless to make a true statement with all you alcoholics with all your dead brain cells ou killed from the lack of oxygen while drunk making you stupid. Alcohol was not meant to be consumed, its a poison, its man made. If it wasnt a poiso there wouldnt be that many people dying from it every year, not including drunk driving accidents. Your liver filers your pee, when it filters alcohol, even the tinyest amount, it is still causng damage to your liver. All I was trying to say is both are bad, not just smoking. But whatever, go have fun with your liver disease and not living to see your gradkids, I hope it was worth it!

by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Replies (111-118):
Aubs1990
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 5:06 PM

I guess Im a bad Parent...I dont smoke but I drank every once in awhile before I got Pregnant....whatever.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2012 at 5:08 PM
Call CPS I am a bad mom
Traci_Momof2
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 5:17 PM

I haven't read the responses and don't have time right now.

I think the only arguement that could be made for smoking to be worse is that when you smoke in the same room with your children, you are not only damaging your own lungs but damaging theirs as well.  When you drink in the same room with your children, you are only damaging your own liver, you are not damaging your child's liver.

Beyond that, I agree with you.  Now, I was raised by an alcoholic parent so I am skewed on this topic.  I still see no point in drinking around your children.  I think it's wrong to be drunk around children.  Period.  I think it's also wrong to drink regularly around children.  If you have a beer or a glass of wine every night when you get home, even if it's just one or two, it's still teaching children a bad lesson IMO.  It teaches them that there is nothing more important than that beer or wine because it's the first thing you go for and you go for it every single night.  That is a bad precedent to set.

I don't drink at all.  My DH does but he does not get drunk.  He also only drinks maybe once every couple weeks.  It's just not a constant thing in our house.  I like to keep it that way for the sake of our kids.

SlightlyPerfect
Using the concept of perfection to justify a mediocre existence is like blaming another's productivity for your own personal failures
Monday at 10:29 PM
by Babushka Blockparty on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Alcohol is a poison,thats why you have to pee alot when you drink

slightlyperfect

SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:39 PM

WRONG.  The smell of the smoke on your clothes sticks and is inhaled by your children.  It's called "thirdhand smoke".  It's harmful. Even if you smoke outside, you still stink like a cigarette. 

Quoting Melanie420:

Only if you smoke inside, and alcohol makes your breath smell

Quoting luvmymonkeys27:

Alcohol doesn't release deadly toxins into the air that linger on your clothes, skin, etc. for your children to breathe in... 

mkh615
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Now that is just plain silly.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Summerlion1123
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:43 PM
I don't smoke or drink but I definitely think there's a difference. As long as you drink responsibly it won't effect your children's health. Then again, neither will smoking, but it's harder to make sure of that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lovemyfamilyof8
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:20 PM

actually you pee a lot because when drinking alcohol, you drink 10 times as much as you would when drinking soda.... I mean you don;t drink a 6 pack of soda back to back, fo you? NO, but a 6 pack of beer? YES! Please do not go telling people that lmao..... vomiting is the bodies way of getting rid of alcohol....lmao

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)