Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have a question for some atheists in this group

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:52 AM
  • 21 Replies

If you see a post written by someone who says they're Christian that is inflammatory or offensive...

Why do you take that as a chance to insult all Christians?

by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HipLikeJunk
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:53 AM

I don't. 

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Nope...boxes and generalizations don't suit me...I like shades of grey...

ETA: depending on the subject matter, I may make a generalizing sarcastic comment about all Christians, then point out how you can't measure everyone by the same ruler...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:55 AM
Because Christians are assholes.
Buggy979
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:57 AM
I say most of us don't. It's others who want us to answer questions you keep wanting a different answer too... We don't believe and to many religious people that is not acceptable and take our answer as an attack.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
do11face
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:58 AM
I don't do that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Because they do it to us, and they are all pretty much jerks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:00 AM

The same reason some Christians assum that all athiests are black souled, moral adverse poor excuses for humans. 

People that are going to make generalizations are going to make generalizations. I don't see why this is a question.  Some people get it, some people don't. That is kind of our world.

....I am also  not the athiest you were speaking to 

MommyTo5Boys
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:00 AM

I don't take it as being offensive at all.
And I never insult all Christians, almost all of my best friends and family are Christian.
I do however find it insulting when other religions tell me who or what I am "supposed to" believe in. And that I can not celebrate Christmas because I don't believe in Christ.
You have your personal choices and I should be able to have mine with out you telling me that I am going to a hell that I don't even believe in!

wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:01 AM

I'm Pagan. I saw the we stole christmas post. I gave her hell (no pun intended), and at the end I added a PS that it was not meant for ALL christians...I have some amazing Christian friends IRL and onliine that are very tolerant of my beliefs

cableknit
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:03 AM

I don't usually.

I don't have an issue with most Christians at all, in fact my daughter is at church right now with my parents.. and she goes there with them almost every Sunday. Ones that are hypocritical or insulting, ridiculously outspoken or who use their religion as a way to make others feel bad about themselves, or look stupid etc. I sill call out, not insult.. but I will call it like I see it, ya know?

It's not good to generalize anyone, Christians, Athiests, women, specific race, anyone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)