Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Being middle class isn't really all that great.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 144 Replies
7 moms liked this

The poor, they get hand outs. They can go to any church or state organization and get a ton of help for holidays, food, clothing, job searching, anything they need. 
The rich, they have everything they want plus more and complain they don't have enough. And, it seems, get huge bonuses for being rich.

The middle class, however, are stuck. We are forced to do most of the work of this economy. We work our asses off in order to provide for our families, we get no help, no handouts, no sympathy. Childcare for more than one kid is well over the amounth it would cost for both parents to have a job, in fact for most peole with 2 or more kids in the middle class would be working to pay for daycare. 

Sure we can pay our bills and provide for our children, sure we can put a little away into savings. But when it comes to things like Christmas or anything like that we can barely afford to get anything extra. We can't get help from any churches or organizations because we aren't poor enough, and we don't have enough money to buy much for our kids let alone have extra for that special meal.

I hate that people think my family is rich. Yeah when tax season comes we spend some money on cool things. But most goes to bills to stay ahead so we don't fall behind. Yes we can make our bills with a bit extra. Yeah we can afford groceries each month. But we have 50 dollars to spend on each kid for christmas, with the cost of toys these days that is a toy or two each. We can't get christmas decorations because they just aren't in our budget. We wont be able to get Christmas dinner this year because our heating bill got raised this last month and its more important to heat the house than to get Christmas dinner.
Yeah I work, a few hours a day to keep us from falling into a place where we are poor. But honestly, it sucks that we can't afford the extras and no one is willing to help us because apparently we aren't poor enough to get any kind of anything. 

Yeah I am bitching, I am sure people will get angry and bitch back at me. But it's true. We can still pay our bills, the kids still have what they NEED. But a good Holiday is something they wont be getting because that extra is just too much for us to afford.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:43 PM
Who said being middle class is great? I always see complaints about being in that group.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Who said being middle class is great? I always see complaints about being in that group.

Because we are all stuck doing all the work while everyone else gets handouts. 

outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:44 PM
Eh, it is what it is. Bitching isn't going to change a thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:45 PM
7 moms liked this

Then just be poor since you think they have it so great.

The only people in this country who "have it made" are the insanely rich.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:46 PM
Lol. Yeah, that's all I've got.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:46 PM

I agree OP. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:47 PM
Okay, but I didn't ask why. I just said no one else is saying its glamorous.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Because we are all stuck doing all the work while everyone else gets handouts. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:47 PM
I don't know with a free apartment, $600 in food stamps, wic, free insurance and free daycare I think dh's sister has it made.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then just be poor since you think they have it so great.

The only people in this country who "have it made" are the insanely rich.

singlemom1208
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:48 PM
I agree
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:48 PM
5 moms liked this

My family is happy and healthy, that's what I care about. Yeah, we bust our asses for what we have, but that's what I was taught to do so I'm perfectly content to do it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN