Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think i need help:'(

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm sitting here in tears looking through our insurance policy trying to figure out if it would cover me going to the doctor and talking to someone. I feel angry all the time. Over nothing! If i'm not angry and stressed I just sit there and cry. Everything overwhelms me. It's effecting me as a mom and wife. I feel like the worst mom ever. I have no patience at all with my kids. And when I feel angry I don't want anything to do with my kids who I promise I love more then life. I just don't know what's wrong with me. And I have no idea how to even begin to explain how I feel to my husband to make him understand how serious this is and that i'm just not being "overly emotional". I just don't know. Please don't be harsh..i needed to vent and maybe get some advice.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 2, 2012 at 5:28 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 2, 2012 at 7:03 PM
I will definitely talk to my doctor about these things. Thank you so much for your help.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

First go to your doctor and have him/her run a thyroid panel, a hormone panel, ferritn, b12, serum magnesium and check your cortisol levels.  

The cortisol level should be the first thing in the morning, so try to get the lab done no later than 9am.  If your level is above range, then you are probably dealing with high cortisol levels thru the whole day.  There are natural herbal supplements that you can take that will help lower your cortisol levels:  Relora is one that you can get online or at health food stores.  

This book may help you and your husband understand what is going on.  

Over time as a result of constant stress, the adrenals stay in a constant flight or flight mode pumping out adrenanline and cortisol.  The result leaves you exhausted, unable to sleep at night and unable to handle stress.  

I know, because I'm dealing with adrenal fatigue or adrenal insufficiency now.  When it first started, my cortisol levels were way above range for all 4 time periods (getting a 24 hr saliva test is a better way to determine your adrenal insufficiency) and I had absolutely no patience with my child.  I was constantly screaming at her.  I could not sleep any more than an hr or two at a time.  

If it turns out that your adrenals are fatigued, you'll need to feed them vitamin C (1-2 grams a couple times a day), b-complex (50-100mg a couple times a day), vitamin A supplement (not beta carotene) and magnesium (get a chelated magnesium supplement). Also you might find an adrenal glandular to be helpful.  To read up on thyroid issues, please read Janie Bowthorp's Stop the Thyroid Madness site.  It is full of really helpful information.

Look at her link on recommended labwork and what the optimal ranges should be too.  A lot of doctors really don't know how to interpret the labs and think that if it is in range -- even if in the lower range, you're ok.  Oh... get your vitamin D levels checked too!!

You might find it helpful to get Janie's book too, if it turns out that you're hypothyroid.

A couple of other supplements that you might want to look into for depression are sam-e and st. johns wort.

*hugs*

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 7:22 PM

You're welcome!

Quoting Anonymous:

I will definitely talk to my doctor about these things. Thank you so much for your help.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

First go to your doctor and have him/her run a thyroid panel, a hormone panel, ferritn, b12, serum magnesium and check your cortisol levels.  

The cortisol level should be the first thing in the morning, so try to get the lab done no later than 9am.  If your level is above range, then you are probably dealing with high cortisol levels thru the whole day.  There are natural herbal supplements that you can take that will help lower your cortisol levels:  Relora is one that you can get online or at health food stores.  

This book may help you and your husband understand what is going on.  

Over time as a result of constant stress, the adrenals stay in a constant flight or flight mode pumping out adrenanline and cortisol.  The result leaves you exhausted, unable to sleep at night and unable to handle stress.  

I know, because I'm dealing with adrenal fatigue or adrenal insufficiency now.  When it first started, my cortisol levels were way above range for all 4 time periods (getting a 24 hr saliva test is a better way to determine your adrenal insufficiency) and I had absolutely no patience with my child.  I was constantly screaming at her.  I could not sleep any more than an hr or two at a time.  

If it turns out that your adrenals are fatigued, you'll need to feed them vitamin C (1-2 grams a couple times a day), b-complex (50-100mg a couple times a day), vitamin A supplement (not beta carotene) and magnesium (get a chelated magnesium supplement). Also you might find an adrenal glandular to be helpful.  To read up on thyroid issues, please read Janie Bowthorp's Stop the Thyroid Madness site.  It is full of really helpful information.

Look at her link on recommended labwork and what the optimal ranges should be too.  A lot of doctors really don't know how to interpret the labs and think that if it is in range -- even if in the lower range, you're ok.  Oh... get your vitamin D levels checked too!!

You might find it helpful to get Janie's book too, if it turns out that you're hypothyroid.

A couple of other supplements that you might want to look into for depression are sam-e and st. johns wort.

*hugs*

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks..i try so hard to live with it. Because there is alot of things the money I would have to spend on getting help with,could be spent on other things then that. Plus I just don't understand what could be wrong with me. I have a beautiful family..four great kids,a great husband and home. Why can't I be happy?!

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

momma call your drs office1st thing tomorrow. they will most likely tell you to come right in.(be showered, dressed and line up care( for your kids) if you need to tonight) then go. You may need meds or therapy or both. Huge hugs. The fact you recognize you need help and want to get it is huge. Most insurances cover it.

Momma Look at it this way. if your child or spouse was going through this would you hesitate even 1 minute to worry about the money? NO you would not. You would get them the help they needed at any price and that how you need to look at this. I don't know why you aren't happy. I will guess chemical imbalance? Lots of times depression or mental problems don't show up right away. or happen for what seems like no reason.please find out whats going on and take the help that's offered you. Hugs momma.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

isyn3cams
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:18 PM
Could still be pp...

Quoting Anonymous:

My youngest baby is two(one about to turn 4&5) and I'm not on bc. My husband had a vasectomy so we don't use any other form of bc.

Quoting isyn3cams:

Did u recently have a baby? Could be post partum...or maybe your bc??? When i was using the nuvaring i always felt like that i had to change to the pill instead
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Bryant1201
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Message me plz.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:31 PM

ooooooooooooooh, pretty!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Start smoking weed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Call your insurance in the morning and ask what type of benefits you have for counseling/psychiatric care. They will be able to tell you specifically, and get you a list of doctors in your area that will accept your insurance.

CuzImMOM
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:33 PM
I was just like this for years. I know what you're going thure. Talk to a dr.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SarahsAMommy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Let me tell you from a person that's been where you are. You are NOT a bad mom! You have admitted you need help. That's a HUGE step! For me, it was a case where I went in without doing any leg work. If I had to do anything else, I don't think I would have done it. You can do this. And I'm sure you do love your kids dearly, cause I know I do mine. And this is not your fault! If you need to feel free to message me.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm starting to feel that way about my kids who I love dearly. I would never hurt them or anything and I make sure they are taken care of but other then that I don't want anything to do with them which just makes me feel 10 times worse. What kind of mom says things like that:'( I just don't know..

Quoting SarahsAMommy:

Go in. I've been where you are. But I let it get to the point that I just didn't care anymore. Not even my DS could make me happy. Seasonal depression happens a lot. And if it's not just that, it's all year, that doesn't make you weak. First step to make things better is admitting you need help. You just did that. Now make the call. It's hard, but it's so worth it!

periwinkle163
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 9:56 PM

My mother was like that and she was diagnosed with pmdd, you could start out by making a dr's appt with your regular caretaker.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)