Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Question for the working moms.

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 5:45 PM
  • 20 Replies

When you and your husband work, does your husband still expect the majority of the house chores, taking care of the kids, and cooking to be up to you to handle or does he pitch in?

by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 5:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kris_PBG
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 5:46 PM
My husband doesn't "expect" things of me.

We decided as partners how things would work best for our family.
RunningMommaof2
by Kelly on Dec. 2, 2012 at 5:47 PM
When I was working we tried to split it equally, but I still ended up with a good majority of it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bknotnobody
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 5:47 PM
We do it equally or he does more now. Just because I'm home less.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baquick
by Ruby Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 5:47 PM
We work together. Some weeks he does more. Some I do more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 2, 2012 at 5:47 PM
yes....I still do all the house work like I'm suppost to...he does yard work.
Sami....
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 5:49 PM
My SO and I both work, and both take care of household duties and parenting pretty much equally.
SunshneDaydream
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 5:49 PM

He pitches in a little, but not nearly enough for my standards.  He's also in grad school though, not working, so most of the time even when he's home in the evenings he's doing schoolwork.  I don't mind doing the majority now since he works twice as hard as me, but when he was working it was kind of a point of contention.  Although, even then he did all the finances and bills so I tried not to expect too much of him. 

I will say that last night, I came home from work with a headache and expressed that I needed a break from cooking dinner, and he cooked us a delicious meal, then got up this morning and cleaned the kitchen, did the dishes, and cooked breakfast.  He's awesome :)

JenB1983
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 5:50 PM
I do the majority of everything around the house still. Mainly because the two kids are mine, not his(we are expecting our first). So I don't think I should expect I'm to really do all that much for my boys. Granted, he still helps out with them, but it's not something I expect of him.
I also work a set shift, 6:30am-3pm. His work schedule varies, because of what he does(landscaping). There have been numerous times he doesn't get off until 9pm, after going in at 8am. He also works most Saturdays. So, considering that he contributes more to the house financially, I feel as though I can pick up the slack in the housework.

Except for folding his laundry. ;-) He insists on doing that. Lol
FL2AK
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Everyone in our home has chores.

VAGal25
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 5:51 PM
We split it pretty even when looking at the big picture. I end up doing more for DD but I prefer it that way since I already don't see her enough as it is, but he does spend time with her. But he will do more in other areas, like he does all the laundry. Overall it is equal though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN