Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you collect SSI/Disability?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 207 Replies
Meidaclly, what is the issue keeping you from working?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 2, 2012 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 6:32 PM
I know a woman who does because she suffered a leg injury that causes her daily and nearly inbearable pain.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 2, 2012 at 6:33 PM
Bump
thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 6:38 PM

SSI is NOT disability.
i cant stress it enough.

Ok its CONSIDERED disability  but its welfare.

Anyhoo, I receive DAC and SSDI.

I have (this is not comprehensive nor in any particular sort of order)

Prolonged QT Syndrome

Idiopathic Syncope

Spondylothesis

Piriformis Syndrome

AD1HB Allele and ALDH2 allele

Scoliosis (pretty bad)

Kyphosis (moderate bordering severe for someone my age)

Lordosis (again moderate bordering severe)

Various kidney malfunctions

An auto immune I'd rather not explain

Trochanteric Bursitis (that has lasted over 2 years and is resistant to treatment)

An incorrectly healed fractured TMJ that causes my jaw to sit funny

Eustachian tube disorders

I am allergic to everything under the sun, wheat yeast eggs milk, mold pollen animals, danger, dustmites and DEATHLY allergic to cock roaches (yeah laugh it up, i do)

I have asthma

I have left ventricular hypertrophy and atrial hypertrophy along with a slight mitral valve regurg-- this is from my Romano Ward Syndrome

I have varying skin conditions, usually infections because of the auto immune

I have sensory hallucinations with auto immune flare ups, I see, smell and taste things that are not there, usually curry or indian food and rubbing alcohol, along with the color purple tinted on EVERYTHING.

I have adult add

aspergers

OCD

PTSD

Depersonalization disorder

Non 24 Syndrome

I have plenty more wrong with me but that would require more energy that I'm not willing to put up at this point. 

dylansmom08
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 6:39 PM
I have degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, sciatica, nerve damage in my left leg as well as depression, anxiety, panic attacks and ptsd. I have applied for my ssi but awaiting an appointment with state doctor. My son receives ssi for his autism and adhd.
brokenmomma37
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Quoting dylansmom08:

I have degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, sciatica, nerve damage in my left leg as well as depression, anxiety, panic attacks and ptsd. I have applied for my ssi but awaiting an appointment with state doctor. My son receives ssi for his autism and adhd.

I am just starting the process, but also have degenerative disc disease, stenosis, sciatica, nerve damage, fractures in my spine, etc.

dylansmom08
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 6:48 PM
I was told it can take up to a year just to get an appointment and then most likely I have to go in front of a judge.

Quoting brokenmomma37:

Quoting dylansmom08:

I am just starting the process, but also have degenerative disc disease, stenosis, sciatica, nerve damage, fractures in my spine, etc.

bxmom2580
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 7:42 PM
I was forced to quit working bc I have to stay home and take care of my kids, they have autism and mental retardation
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 2, 2012 at 7:56 PM
5 moms liked this

I can't work because I have cancer! Want to trade? If not, then quit bitching about it!

Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Dec. 2, 2012 at 7:59 PM
I have debilitating chronic pain due to my disease, I have arthritis and neuropathy, and hip dysplasia that had not been attempted to fix until I was older. I am actually having a total hip replacement in 4 days because my last hip surgery 4 years ago did not work, it just made me worse.
I get ssdi.
BluePandaDreams
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:01 PM
11 moms liked this
You can take this to the bank, you do not want to ever be in the position where you are on disability. My hubbie is on SSI. For what? NOYB. Does he wish he can work? Absolutely. Can he work though? No, or he would have a job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)