Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He cites her weight as the reason for his cheating :-(

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I called my sister's best friend back today and she said that she caught her DH with a co-worker (why cheating men are too stupid to at least delete text msgs is beyond me).  He confessed and supposedly broke it off, but refuses to go to counseling.  She wants to try and make it work.  He cites the reason for cheating on her weight.  There are just no words right now.  She couldn't talk long, but what the heck to I say when she calls back?  I'm a heavier girl too, but it shows more on her because she's petite.  I feel it's still no excuse though.  He took vows.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 2, 2012 at 6:42 PM
Replies (11-20):
Brandyns87
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 7:05 PM
3 moms liked this

If he can't even admit that he cheated because he's selfish, then she shouldn't be trying to make it work. I don't understand some women. There are men out there who will respect her. If someone cheats on you they don't respect you.

Schleetle
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 7:05 PM
That just sounds obnoxious, and doesn't prove anything.

Quoting Anonymous:

Tested at 141 so I'm not that bad :)

Quoting CamMa:

Wow...you are a moron.

Quoting Anonymous:

She didn't keep up the vows first

"to love, honor and obey"

She didn't honor his wishes if she became that uncaring about her appearance.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
luvmymonkeys27
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 7:06 PM
4 moms liked this

Ahhh the ridiculous shit we are blessed with on CM never fails to amaze me...

Quoting Anonymous:

MommyChristina1
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 7:07 PM
2 moms liked this
So not a moron, just crazy.

Quoting Anonymous:

Tested at 141 so I'm not that bad :)

Quoting CamMa:

Wow...you are a moron.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 7:07 PM

He sounds like a real pos. If my dh cheated and gave that reason I would leave in a heartbeat. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 2, 2012 at 7:07 PM
2 moms liked this

I know a guy...

His wife was REALLY over weight. He is not turned on by her anymore, but he does really love her & their son. She just got so big, he doesn't get turned on.

He has told me that he thought about cheating...he says he wants to be turned on by his wife so bad, but it just doesn't work...he says he gets "soft".

Instead of cheating, they went to counseling....first seperately, then together where he eventually confessed that he was going soft because if her weight problem. It was rough fo her to hear...of course it caused problems, but at least he never betrayed her. She was so depressed about it in the beginning that, she lost weight just from not eating. The whole thing really upset her....but, it kick started her healthier lifestyle, she has lost almost 70 lbs, and they are doing much better.

Honesty always wins in the end for everyone...if there is true respect in a marriage, you will do whatever you can first before cheating. Once you cheat, you've lost respect for your spouse and yourself.

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Dec. 2, 2012 at 7:07 PM

What a jerk.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 2, 2012 at 7:08 PM
It is a dumb excuse for cheating, but its also a matter of taste. People can't help what they find attractive. When my husband put on a bunch of weight I wasn't attracted to him. At all.
malibucj
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 7:08 PM

My husband stated the same thing when he asked for a divorce. It's pathetic that men are that way

supermomz25
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 7:09 PM

'till death do us part! what part of that wasn't clear to him? even if she was a heavy gal when they got together or she gained weight from pregnancy, etc. either way he has absolutely no right to disrespect her like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured