Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He cites her weight as the reason for his cheating :-(

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I called my sister's best friend back today and she said that she caught her DH with a co-worker (why cheating men are too stupid to at least delete text msgs is beyond me).  He confessed and supposedly broke it off, but refuses to go to counseling.  She wants to try and make it work.  He cites the reason for cheating on her weight.  There are just no words right now.  She couldn't talk long, but what the heck to I say when she calls back?  I'm a heavier girl too, but it shows more on her because she's petite.  I feel it's still no excuse though.  He took vows.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 2, 2012 at 6:42 PM
Replies (71-80):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:42 PM
Yeah, my ex blamed my bed rest and his lack of my ability to do ANYTHING with him during those 20 weeks. I told him to grow up and be a man. Only children blame others for their transgressions.
moneysaver6
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:43 PM
I always find it so incredibly sad when women have managed to make themselves believe that they were or could be to blame for their husband's adultery.

Quoting Anonymous:

She didn't keep up the vows first

"to love, honor and obey"

She didn't honor his wishes if she became that uncaring about her appearance.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessistarr85
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:43 PM

he made a choice to cheat. She did not push him unto or under the other chick. He did it because he thought he could get away with it. 

liltigersmom
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:45 PM
What cheater takes responsibility?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moneysaver6
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:46 PM
And did you find that just reason to cheat...because it's not.

Quoting Anonymous:

It is a dumb excuse for cheating, but its also a matter of taste. People can't help what they find attractive. When my husband put on a bunch of weight I wasn't attracted to him. At all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
x.Aim.x
by Amy on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:46 PM

It's just an excuse, he is a scumbag. I don't even know them and I know that she can do better.

Liyoness
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:47 PM

I don't think she was insinuating that it was okay for him to cheat, just pointing out the double standard.

Even the OP admits that her friend has put on a considerable amount of weight and it shows.

Love might be unconditional, but physical attraction isn't. Cheating doesn't really have anything to do with love.

(Can we please get over this whole "medical condition" crap? Let's stop using that as a crutch for letting ourselves go so badly.)

Don't tell me how I would or would not feel "in her shoes" - honestly, I would never allow myself to get to the point of being overweight. I have no desire to test my husband's fidelity by checking out of our relationship arbitrarily. I realize that marriage is a lifelong commitment to communicating and compromising with, as well as pleasing one another - not some piece of paper you get and assume that's the end of it.

Quoting mamakat070812:

First of all it was a bitchy comment because she was insinutating that its ok for a husband to cheat if his wife is overweight. Who is to say his wife doesnt have a medical condition that makes her retain the weight, and what exactly does he consider "fat". In a marriage the love is supposed to be "unconditional" not "only if your not fat".. i mean what kind of twisted mentality do some of you bitches have? When you marry someone it should be based on true love and commitment not the persons weight. Its shitty that you think thats cool and if you were in her shoes i guarantee you that you would not feel the same way.

Quoting Liyoness:

What exactly was bitchy about her response?

Everyone picks and chooses at the vows they care most about. For some reason remaining faithful in terms of sex is the biggest deal to people, while they discard every other aspect of a marriage and the vows they took.

You're the one actually cutting someone else down, grasping at any straw you can in order to attempt to insult them, even wishing infidelity into her marriage, and you call the person you are quoting the bitch?

Quoting mamakat070812:

You think like a man, meaning you probably look like a man.

Just saying. Idgaf what you look like or how you think, but I sincerely hope your husband is fucking every girl he can get his hands on and I hope he looks you in they eyes and tells you...

its because your a total bitch.

Quoting Anonymous:

momwith2monkeys
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:48 PM

tell her to shave his head and then cheat and say  i cheated because you are fucking bald.

really though, he is a fucking jerk, i would leave his ass. Well first off i would have left him anyways for cheating but if he said it was because i was overweight i would have beat him in the head with a lamp and then left his sorry ass. Then i would tell him to go to that fucking bitch and let that bitch deal with his sorry no good , sad excuse for a man, ass.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sure they said "for better or worse" as well. Therefore he broke his vows by not honoring "for worse". This could go on and on. 

Although I don't see how her gaining weight has to do with honoring and obeying.

Quoting Anonymous:

"honor and obey"

She didn't honor or obey

Quoting Anonymous:

What does that have to do with vows? stupid

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:48 PM

I never said that, I said that if you're not going to keep up your vows don't expect the other person to.

Quoting mamakat070812:

You're old school, but you think its okay to go off fucking someone else instead of confronting the issue in the marriage and working on it?
i call buuuuulllshit.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry, I was married in 1989, I'm old school

Quoting Cymbeline:

Very few people use those antiquated vows anymore. The word, "obey" is virtually extinct in ceremonies. This is 2012.

Quoting Anonymous:

"honor and obey"

She didn't honor or obey

Quoting Anonymous:

What does that have to do with vows? stupid

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)