Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Stupid calories!!!

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:48 PM
  • 27 Replies
I'm using the my fitness pal app to track calories on my phone. It says I'm only allotted 1210 cal a day. I'm starving and am constantly eating at least an extra 1-200 cals a day. No not all my food choices are great but... I have been making small changes along the way. But still. How can anyone survive off of 1210 a day?!?!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:49 PM
It's possible. Portion control
anikahaynes1
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:54 PM
Even with portion control that's still very little food. Especially with the recommended like what is it now 8 servings of veggies a day and 5 of fruit?! That leaves no room for proteins.

Quoting Anonymous:

crescentstar2
by Anne on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Have you done your bmr? You may need to eat more than what they say. Apps like that are notorious for putting calories low 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I did, but I made smart choices. You want to pick foods that fill you up with the fewest calories. Fresh fruits and veggies should be your main food choices. I even did it while eating out at restaurants once a week. It's possible, you just have to re-think your way of eating. And when you know you only have that many calories to eat, you learn real quick what foods aren't worth it. It got to the point where I had to force myself to eat just to get to my 1200 calorie mark. I think it was 1220 exactly. Drink a lot of water, it really cuts out hunger in between meals and snacks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:00 AM

A serving size of veggies and fruits is 1/2 cup. And you are talking between 30, if that with some veggies, to 90 calories for a large apple.

Quoting anikahaynes1:

Even with portion control that's still very little food. Especially with the recommended like what is it now 8 servings of veggies a day and 5 of fruit?! That leaves no room for proteins.

Quoting Anonymous:

baxley2323
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:04 AM

the more exercise you do the more calories you burn so you can eat more things like protein and everything

anikahaynes1
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:05 AM
Yeah and 90 x 8 is 720. That's more than half my calories! Protein is important too.

Quoting Anonymous:

A serving size of veggies and fruits is 1/2 cup. And you are talking between 30, if that with some veggies, to 90 calories for a large apple.

Quoting anikahaynes1:

Quoting Anonymous:

anikahaynes1
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:06 AM
I just started exercising yesterday. But I'm good at quitting things so this is really hard for me.

Quoting baxley2323:

the more exercise you do the more calories you burn so you can eat more things like protein and everything

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:09 AM

So don't eat a large apple for every serving of fruit lol. I'm just saying. Once you learn what calories are in what, it's really not that hard to make healthy choices. And a large apple would roughly be two servings, depending on size of course, but I've seen some big ones.

Quoting anikahaynes1:

Yeah and 90 x 8 is 720. That's more than half my calories! Protein is important too.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting anikahaynes1:

Quoting Anonymous:

baxley2323
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:12 AM

I know this sounds kinda stupid but you have to think almost like a kid and make it fun trick yourself into wanting to do it your gonna get bored with the same old stuff all the time try it with your kid(s) i have a 4year old and she dances to lady gaga with me while i hold my chubby almost 2year old on my hip if she's not dancing too and simple things around the house really help you burn calories hell when you vaccum you burn them lol i rearange one room in the house every two weeks just to give it a different and it's a great work out and all ya i was bad for this one only eat while your sitting down at the table no talking while eating you tend to eat more when your in front of a tv or if your talking alot and drink a glass of water before meals too it really helped me lol

Quoting anikahaynes1:

I just started exercising yesterday. But I'm good at quitting things so this is really hard for me.

Quoting baxley2323:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)