Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

worst babyshower gift?!

Posted by   + Show Post

What was the WORST baby shower gift that you recieved during your babyshower(s)?
I wouldn't say that I got any "bad" gifts, but I did have friends that showed up without a gift for the babies.
I don't want to come off "ungrateful", but I wouldn't go to a babyshower without a gift! I thought the whole point was to shower the baby with gifts?!

oh well! ;)

What are some horror stories you have from your babyshower?!

-Melissa Juliet
vote for my blog pretty please! just click on " the best mom blogs" picture and your golden!
Thank you!
www.MePlusYouAndTWO.com

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:46 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:14 AM
6 moms liked this
Condoms
Breamarkable
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:15 AM
1 mom liked this
This.

With my middle son I'd ended up getting a plethora of Pooh shit. Crib sheets, clothes, umbrella stroller.

Quoting carolyntx:

anything with winnie the pooh on it- i HATE winnie the pooh and got several outfits/bibs with it.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
happy41ce
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:16 AM
6 moms liked this

*shrugs*

Nothing bad..ever with 4 kids..I am just grateful to receive anything from anyone.

Dont like it? If there is a tag on it..take it back.

prettyinpink323
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:19 AM
6 moms liked this
I wouldn't say it was a 'bad' gift but my great aunts got together to make my daughter a quilt with the alphabet, each block contains a letter. Well after looking at it, I realized the top row says ACB instead of ABC.. its the thought that counts, right!?
thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:19 AM
Januarybaby2013
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:23 AM
4 moms liked this

My moms friend made me a huge diaper cake. With all kinds of toys , receiving blankets etc. attached. 

When i got home I had to throw EVERYTHING out. It was all hot glued together. :( the diapers were sealed shut. And the pacifiers and blankets had chunks of hot glue stuck all over them.  

pregnancy

Nolanzo
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:25 AM
7 moms liked this
Wtf??

This is when I would have said I have a girlfriend having a girll as well and oh well but oops! Already made an agreement that she'll be receiving my hand me downs. Sorry!

Seriiusly... what if you wanted to keep dds clothing for sentimental value? You shoyld never be made to feel like you're having to give her stuff away scott free like that. What a douche.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not a bad gift, bad bad sentiment. Husbands aunt gave me a bunch of bibs, so that I would put them on dd and keep her clothes nice so I could give them to her dd who was having a little girl due 2 months after my dd. She told me this at the shower. She even went through everything I got and inventoried what she wanted me to give her dd, and as I opened presents told me what she wanted and even what she thought was ugly...

mstkn.identity
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not a bad gift, bad bad sentiment. Husbands aunt gave me a bunch of bibs, so that I would put them on dd and keep her clothes nice so I could give them to her dd who was having a little girl due 2 months after my dd. She told me this at the shower. She even went through everything I got and inventoried what she wanted me to give her dd, and as I opened presents told me what she wanted and even what she thought was ugly...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NicholasMama608
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:29 AM
No gifts were bad but the shower was really bad. I hated my shower. I didn't want to play the games where you guess how big the mommy is because I knew I gained a ton of weight and I was already self-conscious about it but my mom made me because that's just what you do at baby showers. Then we had to do that gross game where you guess what chocolate is in the diaper and it made me throw up. Then all the food my mom made was stuff I didn't want. I wanted like a pasta or something but she said we had to have sandwiches and finger foods which would have been fine but the only thing I ate was a small sandwich because all the other finger foods were things she liked and not me. It was nothing unwanted or asked for and it was stuff she should have known or cared enough to ask about.
HerLadyGrey
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:29 AM

kegal machine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN