Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

worst babyshower gift?!

Posted by   + Show Post

What was the WORST baby shower gift that you recieved during your babyshower(s)?
I wouldn't say that I got any "bad" gifts, but I did have friends that showed up without a gift for the babies.
I don't want to come off "ungrateful", but I wouldn't go to a babyshower without a gift! I thought the whole point was to shower the baby with gifts?!

oh well! ;)

What are some horror stories you have from your babyshower?!

-Melissa Juliet
vote for my blog pretty please! just click on " the best mom blogs" picture and your golden!
Thank you!
www.MePlusYouAndTWO.com

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:46 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:29 AM
3 moms liked this
Quoting Nolanzo:

Wtf??

This is when I would have said I have a girlfriend having a girll as well and oh well but oops! Already made an agreement that she'll be receiving my hand me downs. Sorry!

Seriiusly... what if you wanted to keep dds clothing for sentimental value? You shoyld never be made to feel like you're having to give her stuff away scott free like that. What a douche.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not a bad gift, bad bad sentiment. Husbands aunt gave me a bunch of bibs, so that I would put them on dd and keep her clothes nice so I could give them to her dd who was having a little girl due 2 months after my dd. She told me this at the shower. She even went through everything I got and inventoried what she wanted me to give her dd, and as I opened presents told me what she wanted and even what she thought was ugly...

I told her I would be selling the stuff at Once Upon A Child to buy new clothes for my dd. I expect nothing but douchery from this woman. She's the queen bee. Considering how her sister, mt MIL is, nothing surprises me from those people...

Mommytorn
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:32 AM
My sister threw me a baby shower for my son( my second child) she insisted that she wanted to do this and had all these plans blah blah blah..she didn't get anything together till the day before the shower and nothing was they way she said it would be..and the cake was bad! She forgot to order the cake so she just went and got a premade one from a bakery(that's fine no big deal) well she asked what kind of cake I wanted and I told her chocolate ( i hate white cake) with no red or pink frosting( my DD and I have a red food dye allergy) well she ended up getting a white cake with strawberry filling and big pink flowers all over the top ( did I mention I was having a BOY!!!) so my DD and I couldn't even eat any of the cake at my own baby shower :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nolanzo
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:36 AM
Good for you for shooting her down. Clothez even used ones are wortha lot of cash... at the very least id say well I've got to charge you what the consignment shop would have given... people's sense if entitlement drives me bananas.

And why isn't her dd having her own damn baby shower lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Nolanzo:

Wtf??

This is when I would have said I have a girlfriend having a girll as well and oh well but oops! Already made an agreement that she'll be receiving my hand me downs. Sorry!

Seriiusly... what if you wanted to keep dds clothing for sentimental value? You shoyld never be made to feel like you're having to give her stuff away scott free like that. What a douche.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not a bad gift, bad bad sentiment. Husbands aunt gave me a bunch of bibs, so that I would put them on dd and keep her clothes nice so I could give them to her dd who was having a little girl due 2 months after my dd. She told me this at the shower. She even went through everything I got and inventoried what she wanted me to give her dd, and as I opened presents told me what she wanted and even what she thought was ugly...

I told her I would be selling the stuff at Once Upon A Child to buy new clothes for my dd. I expect nothing but douchery from this woman. She's the queen bee. Considering how her sister, mt MIL is, nothing surprises me from those people...

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rkkeller13
by Kristy on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:40 AM
My SIL threw me a baby shower and not one person from the list of 35 people showed up. The only ones there where my SIL and her husband, my BIL and his wife, a good family friend, and my DH. But the gifts I did get were on my registry.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tyheamma
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:43 AM

My baby shower was a week before my due date, and everyone knew that we were expecting a big baby. The only things that really got me were the preemie clothes.

ExquisiteMomof2
by PHOTOGMOM on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:44 AM
My mom and mother in law Co hosted both of mine. They did exceptional jobs. I had no issues.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Basically, her daughter had nobody to come to a shower. It's actually kind of sad. She's not exactly what you would call "stable", and she alienates everyone. I made her a really pretty photo album for each of her kids though, and gave them to her close to her due dates.

Quoting Nolanzo:

Good for you for shooting her down. Clothez even used ones are wortha lot of cash... at the very least id say well I've got to charge you what the consignment shop would have given... people's sense if entitlement drives me bananas.

And why isn't her dd having her own damn baby shower lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Nolanzo:

Wtf??

Quoting Anonymous:

raye-chan
by Raye on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:45 AM
I barely had anyone show up to mine. No family, only a couple friends and that was about it. My ex best friend dumped soda all over another one of my friends, said that she hated me for having a kid because I was ruining my life and that I was a complete waste of air and threw her gift at me. She got a picture frame for our son but it got broken when she threw it at me. I was so embarrassed because she had never acted like that before and had planned the entire baby shower too :(

And I felt so bad for the friends that did show up. Ever since then, I told my friends and family if I ever have anymore children that I didn't want a shower.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:54 AM
1 mom liked this

WTF?! That would have been a great occasion to look at her, smile, and say "wish in one hand, shit in the other...." 

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:55 AM
People not showing up
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)