Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

worst babyshower gift?!

Posted by   + Show Post

What was the WORST baby shower gift that you recieved during your babyshower(s)?
I wouldn't say that I got any "bad" gifts, but I did have friends that showed up without a gift for the babies.
I don't want to come off "ungrateful", but I wouldn't go to a babyshower without a gift! I thought the whole point was to shower the baby with gifts?!

oh well! ;)

What are some horror stories you have from your babyshower?!

-Melissa Juliet
vote for my blog pretty please! just click on " the best mom blogs" picture and your golden!
Thank you!
www.MePlusYouAndTWO.com

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:46 AM
Replies (41-50):
anjones09
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:21 AM
1 mom liked this
My shower was great, but I did receive a purple and pink blanket, and a dress ... for my son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristiansmommy1
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:26 AM
My uncles wife got me a PINK little tiny fleece blanket...they all knew he was a boy :/ I know it's the thought that counts and all but pink? Really? She ended up just being a snobby you know what that no one likes anyways but I'll never forget that damn blanket lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristiansmommy1
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:28 AM
Omg lol I just wrote about my pink blanket for my son too but a dress????

Quoting anjones09:

My shower was great, but I did receive a purple and pink blanket, and a dress ... for my son.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tisha826
by Tisha on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:29 AM
Nothing bad, my aunt brought me stuff for a girl all pink, I told her I was having a boy, she must have forgot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MountieMama
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:30 AM
Really ugly picture frames. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:31 AM
I got breastfeeding products when my registry clearly showed that wasn't what I was going to do. I thought that was pretty rude.
MountieMama
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:31 AM
Awe. That's a bad waste!! That sucks.

Quoting Januarybaby2013:

My moms friend made me a huge diaper cake. With all kinds of toys , receiving blankets etc. attached. 

When i got home I had to throw EVERYTHING out. It was all hot glued together. :( the diapers were sealed shut. And the pacifiers and blankets had chunks of hot glue stuck all over them.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MountieMama
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:32 AM
Omg!

Quoting Anonymous:

I got breastfeeding products when my registry clearly showed that wasn't what I was going to do. I thought that was pretty rude.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brandie1470
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:33 AM

I didnt recieve bad gifts. The worst part about my baby shower was I gave game responsibility to my older sister. IDK what she was thinkin or maybe she forgot, but she didnt think of any games or get anything for one. I purchased the prizes though. So my baby shower was about 10 mins long. I opened gifts, served cake and made everyone pick a number and handed out the prizes. Next one will be better. Thank God I didnt pay for a building or something. Moms backyard is free lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:35 AM

Coffee and toothpicks. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured