Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

worst babyshower gift?!

Posted by   + Show Post

What was the WORST baby shower gift that you recieved during your babyshower(s)?
I wouldn't say that I got any "bad" gifts, but I did have friends that showed up without a gift for the babies.
I don't want to come off "ungrateful", but I wouldn't go to a babyshower without a gift! I thought the whole point was to shower the baby with gifts?!

oh well! ;)

What are some horror stories you have from your babyshower?!

-Melissa Juliet
vote for my blog pretty please! just click on " the best mom blogs" picture and your golden!
Thank you!
www.MePlusYouAndTWO.com

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:46 AM
Replies (421-424):
nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:24 PM
Wtf lol that's terribly tacky.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not a bad gift, bad bad sentiment. Husbands aunt gave me a bunch of bibs, so that I would put them on dd and keep her clothes nice so I could give them to her dd who was having a little girl due 2 months after my dd. She told me this at the shower. She even went through everything I got and inventoried what she wanted me to give her dd, and as I opened presents told me what she wanted and even what she thought was ugly...

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AddysMomma2011
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:32 PM

my shower i didnt recieve any bad gifts but i found out that my bf had been cheating on me for like a month and then i had a huge melt down in front of everyone and then had to explain why i was crying. that was so embaressing :/

crying

nikkik526
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:36 PM
Not a bad gift but my exs mother decided on her own to invite people and never tell us. She also came with her DOG! To a place we rented that had signs up no animals allowed! I know she did it to steal all the attention from me and it worked. That was 3 yrs ago and I still get mad thinking about it. Im glad im not with her son anymore, she would have been the mother inlaw from HELL!

My family paid for it all, after she said she would help!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
childofgod04
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 4:41 PM

I was very grateful for what I got at mine. However, my great-aunt gave me a cute little jacket with butterflies on it and a cute little frilly lady bug outfit. Nothing wrong with that except I had a BOY. We didn't know for sure what we were having at the time because my son didn't want to show so I said get gender neutral things. She thought that was neutral but definitely wasn't. Needless to say I donated that stuff.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)