Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Threw dd out of the house in her pjs this morning

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:15 AM
  • 366 Replies
45 moms liked this
DD gets a ride to school with the neighbor, she normally leaves here at 8. This morning she had to leave at 7:30 because the neighbor had to have her dd at school early. I had dd take a shower last night, had her grab her clothes and lay.them out so when I woke her up she could easily get ready and across.the street on time. Welllllll that was a HUGE fail.

Mrs. Thing didn't want to get up, so I had to PICK her up (she's 13 btw) to get her up. I told her to hurry and get dressed and I would make her coffee in a travel mug. I make her coffee and where is she? Laying on the couch!!!! so I tell her hurry up, you have 15 min to get ready and over to A's house. She is taking FOREVER! I swear until this.child I have never known someone to take 8 min to pee! She is moving slower than molasses (in Minnesota in the middle of winter) finally mom has had enough and I walk her to the door,give her a hug and kiss, tell her "I love you baby,.have a great day at school" hand her, her backpack (which I put her clothes in) coffee and shoes. I stood there and she gave me this look like, Wtf just happened?? I said you better hurry hun, your ride is gonna leave. She slipped her shoes on and ran across the street as they were getting in the car.

The look on her face was priceless lol!!!! I'm hoping this teaches her a lesson about being on time.

So there's my mommy confession for the day haha, off.to have another cup of coffee.

Eta: so apparently letting my teen have coffee is like cps worthy so let me explain, she has ADHD, the coffee has the.opposite effect on her, it helps keep her focused, this enables us to keep her meds at a low level. I would much rather her be on a low dose of meds and drink coffee then have her on a high dose of meds. Side effects from the meds increase the higher the dosage, coffee has no negative side effects, caffeine compared to the meds is a no brainer.

If you still have a problem with the fact my kid drinks coffee too bad.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaysha
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:17 AM
Lol
snakesNsnails
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:17 AM

good for you, mama!!

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:17 AM
Nice. I'm keeping this one file away for later use. :)
mrscass0416
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow LOL. Well I bet she will hurry up next time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ratchetlee
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:18 AM

LOL!

chasinrainbows
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:18 AM
9 moms liked this
Yeah it should teach her. Maybe she needs to go to be earlier instead of relying on coffee at 13.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:18 AM
5 moms liked this

Do most 13 year olds drink coffee? I have 2 kids about that age and I think the closest they come to coffee is frou frou hot chocolates from Starbucks.

Perfect.Pixie
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:18 AM
That's awesome lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:19 AM

lol

LogansMommy0328
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:19 AM
Lmfao I bet she will be up on time every morning now lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)