Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Way to make my worth as 2 dollar tramp

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My boyfriend and I have been dating 4 months. I have yet to be intimate with him and I wanted to plan to get a hotel on New Year's Eve.

I think that New Year's Eve would be such a special way to ring In the new year for the both of us.

Last night we were checking prices, and he made a joke about getting this super cheap hotel, one that looked like crap..

I mean really? Yeah it was a "joke", but like they say.. " there is always a little truth behind a "I'm just kidding"

He made me feel like crap.

I told him.. "You know what? Forget it then.. We'll just not do that"

He ignored what I said, and we continued talking about it..

I mean, I'm trying to make it special, but he's making me feel so stupid about it.

We have to get a hotel bc we both live with our parents at the moment, an we're def not going to be intimate in their homes, a I totally refuse to do it a car the first time..

I'm thinking of just forgetting the whole idea, and just making him wait even longer..

I don't just want to sleep with someone just because.. I'm not like that

How would you have felt?!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:51 AM
Replies (181-190):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 3, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Not too immature either ;)

Quoting Ali5683:

OMG Let me rephrase that for your liking...

You're clearing too immature to be dating!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Def not too young.

Quoting Ali5683:

You're clearly too young to be dating!!

Bottom line: You're over reacting in this situation!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Coming on a forum asking for some advice, doesn't mean I made it a big deal with him.

The only thing I mentioned to him was what I wrote in my post.

That's it (;

Quoting Ali5683:

Actually, you are making a big deal of it. You just posted how big of a deal you're making... Read the title and body of the post again since you seem to have forgotten what you typed...

Quoting Anonymous:

I didn't make it a big deal, really. I laughed it off.

Quoting Ali5683:

You're over reacting and don't sound mature enough to handle a relationship or sex. Maybe you should take a step back, grow up a little bit and then get in a relationship. 

To any woman who has experienced life and relationships, this situation would not even be a big deal at all. It sounds like he made an innocent joke and you turned it into something it's not.

Grow up and good luck! :)

Ali5683
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 5:24 PM

You really are based on this post. But, good luck!

Quoting Anonymous:

Not too immature either ;)

Quoting Ali5683:

OMG Let me rephrase that for your liking...

You're clearing too immature to be dating!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Def not too young.

Quoting Ali5683:

You're clearly too young to be dating!!

Bottom line: You're over reacting in this situation!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Coming on a forum asking for some advice, doesn't mean I made it a big deal with him.

The only thing I mentioned to him was what I wrote in my post.

That's it (;

Quoting Ali5683:

Actually, you are making a big deal of it. You just posted how big of a deal you're making... Read the title and body of the post again since you seem to have forgotten what you typed...

Quoting Anonymous:

I didn't make it a big deal, really. I laughed it off.

Quoting Ali5683:

You're over reacting and don't sound mature enough to handle a relationship or sex. Maybe you should take a step back, grow up a little bit and then get in a relationship. 

To any woman who has experienced life and relationships, this situation would not even be a big deal at all. It sounds like he made an innocent joke and you turned it into something it's not.

Grow up and good luck! :)

♥ Ali5683
SCENTSY :: aliciaivie.scentsy.us
FINDING ALICIA :: www.findingalicia.com

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Dec. 3, 2012 at 5:26 PM

and wanted to wait a bit before jumpingin the sack doesn't make weird sex hang ups. It just means everyone has a different way they want to do things.  Why does different have to be wierd?

Quoting HipLikeJunk:

lol weird sex hangups do not equal morals.

Quoting Anonymous:

No, I just have morals

Quoting HipLikeJunk:

Are you a virgin?

"I'll be home for Christmas if only in my dreams"

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 3, 2012 at 5:36 PM
Exactly. I don't think I'm "weird"

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

and wanted to wait a bit before jumpingin the sack doesn't make weird sex hang ups. It just means everyone has a different way they want to do things.  Why does different have to be wierd?

Quoting HipLikeJunk:

Quoting Anonymous:

No, I just have morals

Quoting HipLikeJunk:

Are you a virgin?

HipLikeJunk
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 5:45 PM

That's not the part that I found weird. 

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

Quoting HipLikeJunk:

Quoting Anonymous:

No, I just have morals

Quoting HipLikeJunk:

Are you a virgin?

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Dec. 3, 2012 at 5:48 PM

ok :) I think you meant the moral = waiting part?  I think i get what you mean but wanted to be sure. 

Quoting HipLikeJunk:

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

Quoting HipLikeJunk:

Quoting Anonymous:

No, I just have morals

Quoting HipLikeJunk:

Are you a virgin?

HipLikeJunk
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Yeah, I respect any person's decision to wait to have sex for whatever reasons they have. I just don't like the implication that waiting to have sex makes you more pure or righteous or good. It's that and the weird putting way too much emphasis on the 'specialness' of sex. Like, that's a lot of pressure to put on a guy who might not share the same view. And for him to make a joke to lighten the tension and for her to use sex, specifically the withholding of sex as a punishment, that is so manipulative and fucked up. 

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

ok :) I think you meant the moral = waiting part?  I think i get what you mean but wanted to be sure. 

Quoting HipLikeJunk:

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

Quoting HipLikeJunk:

Quoting Anonymous:

No, I just have morals

Quoting HipLikeJunk:

Are you a virgin?

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with you there :)

Quoting HipLikeJunk:

Yeah, I respect any person's decision to wait to have sex for whatever reasons they have. I just don't like the implication that waiting to have sex makes you more pure or righteous or good. It's that and the weird putting way too much emphasis on the 'specialness' of sex. Like, that's a lot of pressure to put on a guy who might not share the same view. And for him to make a joke to lighten the tension and for her to use sex, specifically the withholding of sex as a punishment, that is so manipulative and fucked up. 

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

Quoting HipLikeJunk:

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

Quoting HipLikeJunk:

Quoting Anonymous:

No, I just have morals

Quoting HipLikeJunk:

Are you a virgin?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Oh c'mon how is a poor guy supposed to know the difference between an equality driven feminist or a game playing to-be-chased old school gal? 

You don't need to spend tons of money on dates and gifts in order for there to be romance, a chase, and courting. If OP really is taking this joke with hints of truth why doesn't she woman up and tell him that she feels a motel wont feel special and offer to upgrade the accommodations on her dime.  Her BF has a load of student debt it seems and is trying to be responsible and save for the future. I would think this joke was light hearted  - but if you dont believe him I would communicate how it made me feel. The only way i would be offended is if it was within the first couple dates.

We want equal opportunity with men but we whine and complain when they won't fork out the cash to make us feel good. Make up your minds ladies.  

Quoting Anonymous:

I would be offended. What does he do for a living?

If I knew that my boyfriend could afford it then yes I would be very offended. If he doesnt make a lot then I would be more understanding but I completely understand how you feel. Any man  I ever dated I fully expected to lay out cash on dates, gifts, ect. One guy complained about always paying and I was disgusted. One of my exes said it best, "Your job is to f**k me and mine is to buy you everything." Sounded tacky and trashy (he was always to the point) but his point was that its a mans responsibility to financially provide for the woman he is seeing. There was once a time where a man actually had to court a woman not take her out for one dinner and then wham bam thank you ma'am. However I dont expect that to go on forever. Once we have established a solid relationship I think sharing expenses is the right thing to do if both people are working. But considering that you two havent had sex yet then he needs to pay up and make it some place nice.

And I think that what youre doing is not only morally right but smart. Women dont realize that men love the chase and they respect a woman who doesnt give it up right away. Aforementioned ex was a total oil rich royal arab brat who could have a different woman every night but he fought tooth and nail trying to get to me because I acted like a lady and kept my legs closed long enough to drive him insane.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:45 AM
I think your taking it the wrong way, people joke around and if he knew it was going to upset you that much, I'm sure he wouldn't have said it.
Your being too sensitive. He's stuck around for 4 months, that should give you an idea that He's in to you and respects you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured