Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you addicted to food?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Are you addicted to food?

Options:

Yes.

No.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 92

View Results

Experts say food addiction can affect us much like drug addiction. Are you addicted to food?

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:04 AM
Replies (21-30):
Snapdragon88
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:31 AM
Nah... I like it but I'm not addicted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeAndTommyLee
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Not in the least bit.  In fact, the holidaysare so filled with food that it's overwhelming for me and I end up eating very little because it's just too much!!  Also, I'm the one in the restaurant that hold the whole table up from ordering for 20 minutes because I just can't figure out what to have.  It's always ends with DH ordering me something he doesn't mind eating and then  proceeds to eat half of mine and his own anyway!  LOL

sweetz684
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Not addicted. Unlike a lot of people when I'm stressed/drepressed I lose my appetite.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pink.Sunshine
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:34 AM

no

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:34 AM

I don't think so, but I think there were times in the past I definitely showed addictive behavior toward it. As in, I would have a bad chocolate craving, and would get so ill if it didn't get fulfilled, or I would want to go out to eat and it was the same thing. I remember thinking I was getting too "obsessed" with wanting food too much because I would get upset if I didn't get my way. 

ibelieveinpink
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:34 AM
Yes
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:34 AM

not even close, matter of fact if i could never eat again and be healthy i would do it.

xXxLillithxXx
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Yes.. :/

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:37 AM
Yes...I'm a foodie, haha...and my SO is an amazing cook...I could eat all day long, especially if I'm bored...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Yeah, but you won't see a food addict addicted to fruits and vegetables. In fact, many have a strong aversion to them and only want junk to fulfill their addiction. Just like an alcoholic has to give up alcohol, you have to give up the junk food. You still eat, just not the foods that you wanted to gorge yourself on, and they still drink...just not alcohol.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Yes.
Food addiction is real.

I had my stomach surgically altered in an attempt to help.

Its an addiction like crack. Only difference is you can't just not eat for the rest of your life

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN